Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must see...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

OMG :eek:

I read somwhere over the weekend that Ladbrokes are offering 25 to one for Crouch not to score this season.

I wonder will the club put 280k on that and recoup the money they spent on him.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I will give you fifties for that muppet Muppet, fair odds I think..

I am positive that young crouch will bang in goals and will get into double figures by the end of the season. I think he will silence his critics by both banging in goals, getting a fair amount of assists and forcing his way into the england squad.

He is damn tall though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

He'll probably get his first in the dying minutes of a really important match to save the 'pool and then everyone in Anfield will love him!

SWP is so ickle, but size of Crouch! I wonder, does any jersey size fit him? He always has his forearms showing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It was good to see the Kop cheering when he stood up to take the penalty, you just feel gutted for him that it didn't go in!
    There's a slight pattern with Crouch in recent years; really decent season with Pompey in the first division, big money move to Aston Villa and he doesn't quite produce the goods. Then moves to Southampton for a smidge of the price Villa bought him for, starts knocking them in with ease. Big money move to Liverpool, hasn't produced goals...maybe it's just the pressure? He proved last season he can score prolifically. Common sense would say that with a much higher quality of players around him, he should get into double figures again this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

big money move to Aston Villa and he doesn't quite produce the goods.
    The way an Aston Villa fan tells it to me, he moved there and played well and got a few goals, then new manager comes in who doesn't rate him so he doesn't get a chance. They actually still like him there, it's probably been the only ground so far this season that he's been welcomed when Liverpool have been away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

He'll probably get his first in the dying minutes of a really important match to save the 'pool and then everyone in Anfield will love him!

SWP is so ickle, but size of Crouch! I wonder, does any jersey size fit him? He always has his forearms showing!

When Crouchy played for us he had to get special sized jersey and shorts made up to fit him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Courtesy of Football 365......Peter Crouch Excuse Of The Day

"When he has a chance near goal, he can hear the fans cheering him and willing him to score. Maybe they want him to score too much. You can understand how they feel, but it can increase the levels of anxiety a bit." - Rafa Benitez.

Excuse number 23,421: The fans cheer him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Excuse number 23,422: Can't find the correct words in this foreign language ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Easily the daftest thing Rafa will ever do in management is buying Crouch. He couldn't make it at 8 million other clubns and now suddenly he's international class. I don't bloody think so. Whoevers decision it was (probably Gerrards) to allow him to take the penalty on Saturday should be shot. Doing it whilst winning 5-0 is something else entirely, but at nil all it could have set the tone for the whole game. Lucky for the 'pool, Zenden has no faith in Crouch either and followed it up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

as a saints fan i find some of this criticism of crouch astonishing.

He isnt getting the right kind of service at liverpool and yet he is till preforming admirably for them. I can see him easily getting into double figures by the end of the season and i hope he does to silence all the critics.

Also liverpool fans, if you dont want crouchy anymore, we will gladly take him back off your hands for a couple of hundred thousand:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

From official PL site

Goals: 0
    Shots on goal: 6
    Shots/goal:
    Minutes per goal: 0mins
    Avg goals/game: 0.00
    Pens taken/scored: 0/0
    Last goal: N/A

Appearances: 9
    Minutes on pitch: 558
    Subs. (on/off): 3/3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

thats pens taken/scored 1/0 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mchurl wrote:
    e isnt getting the right kind of service at liverpool and yet he is till preforming admirably for them. I can see him easily getting into double figures by the end of the season and i hope he does to silence all the critics.
    :D

There is no excuse for missing open headers 6 yards out, he's had at least 4 in the last few games. THen theres the penalty miss. He's getting chances, he's just not converting them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Diego Crouch, poor fellow , you have to feel sorry for him, 8m, well worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

My bet on Crouch not scoring more than 8 league goals in the premiership is looking good.
    In all honesty what did people expect ?
    He is rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

p.pete wrote:
    Excuse number 23,422: Can't find the correct words in this foreign language ;)

....except at half-time in a CL final ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Wonder what odds a bookie would give me on a bet that Stretch will score an own goal before he scores a real goal? I've got my mortgage papers and car keys here ready to put on that bet!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BolBill wrote:
    Whoevers decision it was (probably Gerrards) to allow him to take the penalty on Saturday should be shot. Doing it whilst winning 5-0 is something else entirely, but at nil all it could have set the tone for the whole game. Lucky for the 'pool, Zenden has no faith in Crouch either and followed it up :)
    Yeah, I thought that was a ridiculous decision too. "Here ya go Peter you haven't score for us since you started, you take the important penalty" :rolleyes:

I remember something similar happening to Forlan when he was trying to break his duck, but Cork's favourite rebel was having none of it. Giving the ball straight back to their regular peno taker RVN. IIRC Utd. were 1 up at the time.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

My bet on Crouch not scoring more than 8 league goals in the premiership is looking good.
    In all honesty what did people expect ?
    He is rubbish.

Too true mate.

Advertisement