Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro + Blueface

• 21-11-2005 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I am thinking of change my broadband provider from Eircom to Metro, I want to get rid of the phone line completely so I dont have to pay line rental, I cant get NTL (I live in phibsboro) so I was thinking about Metro, how reliable is Metro compared to Eircom?,

Also Metro's phone rates aren't the best, Is it possible to get blueface over the Metro BB or do they block you out to force you to use it's telephone package.

And one last thing, how long does it take to get metro installed??
    Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not sure if you'd get a better reply here or in the VoIP forum,
    Regardless I believe this has been discussed before and I don't believe their are any issues certainly from blueface's side of things anything.

I highly doubt it Digiweb have blocked VoIP on their network,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Blueface says their service works with Metro. There was also a guy here who provided testyourvoip results on Metro.

I don't think you'll find anything that is as reliable as Eircom except possibly BT Ireland, but you're paying a lot less for the alternative so something has to give.

You're not on a Smart or Magnet enabled exchange, are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stackeye

Blaster99

No, Smart dont even have a date for when my exchange(Cabra) will be done, same with magnet,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Cabaal wrote:
    Not sure if you'd get a better reply here or in the VoIP forum,
    Regardless I believe this has been discussed before and I don't believe their are any issues certainly from blueface's side of things anything.

I highly doubt it Digiweb have blocked VoIP on their network,

Digiweb have not blocked VOIP...we are nice people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stackeye

Ye, Metro looks good, I'll sign up some time this week, how long does it take to get installed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

stackeye wrote:
    Ye, Metro looks good, I'll sign up some time this week, how long does it take to get installed?

I was quoted 2-6 weeks in Dublin for installation. I did tell them I would be prepared to take a short notice install due to cancellation but I don't hold out much hope.

Advertisement