Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Major Adobe gripe !!

• 21-11-2005 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've worked with the original premiere elements 1.0 for well over a year now and have discovered the various bugs that exist in the application. I checked the Adobe web site periodically for bug fixes but to no avail. Now I've noticed that Adobe have jumped straight to version 2.0 adding a few new features and fixing the various bugs.....but you pay for the upgrade of course. Before I jump ship and drop kick my copy of elements into my neighbours back garden can ye let me know if this is the case with other video editing packages: FCP, Avid, pinnacle, etc..... or do they do the honourable thing and release in term bug fixes ?
    cheers,
    reece

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

reece wrote:
    Hi,
    I've worked with the original premiere elements 1.0 for well over a year now and have discovered the various bugs that exist in the application. I checked the Adobe web site periodically for bug fixes but to no avail. Now I've noticed that Adobe have jumped straight to version 2.0 adding a few new features and fixing the various bugs.....but you pay for the upgrade of course. Before I jump ship and drop kick my copy of elements into my neighbours back garden can ye let me know if this is the case with other video editing packages: FCP, Avid, pinnacle, etc..... or do they do the honourable thing and release in term bug fixes ?
    cheers,
    reece

I know FCP released 4.5 as a download free to everyone who bought 4.0, that wasn't a bug fix, it was an upgrade to make 4.0 HD compatable.

As for Avid don't even go there, they have an incredibly poor customer relations. There are new bugs in new versions of Avid, and work arounds around a massive pain, and found word of mouth.

Also if you're happy with Premier, avid is a leap cost wise, a significant leap. Food for thought. FCP will also have the cost of switching operating system and buying a whole new kit, so you may need to suck it up and take the cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

And Adobe has bought Macromedia. It is rather annoying to see such useful software being priced outside the range of people like me who find it most useful. I have Macromedia Studion MX. A friend of mine upgraded and gave me his old CDs. I would love to get Dreamweaver 8 standalone but it is at least 600Eur and that is 500Eur too expensive, I am then left with two options, stick with MX which is fine and I am quite used to it, or get a "copy" of 8. The former is what I am planning on until I can get D8 for a lot cheaper. What bothers me most is that they wont even sell a student copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

As far as Pinnacle go, they are the best company I've come across with regards to free upgrades and tech support I had problems with my system and they always replied to my e-mails within an hour. Bug fixes were released quite often... well, whenever there was a bug.

Saying that, they have been bought by Avid, so that'll probably go down the toilet with the Avid influence.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

thanks for the replies. Apples web site looks pretty good for support. I'm probably gonna jump ship and go the mac way.

Advertisement