Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK DVD Recorder TV Tuner Work in Irleand?

• 21-11-2005 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a DVD Recorder that also plays back .avi files like DivX and Xvid.

I have noticed a few at SVP and Amazon that do this but I was wondering if anyone knows if these machines imported from the UK to Ireland will actually work properly?

In particular if the Tuner inside them is compatible with the Irish TV frequencies???
    I would ideally like to just hook the TV aerial into the DVD Recorder and tune in each specific channel to a different frequency.

I remember years ago someone brought a TV back from the UK and the Irish frequencies could not be tuned in.

Should all the UK DVD Recorders on sale now be able to tune in the Irish TV frequencies?

If so does anyone have any suggestions of which DVD Recorder to go for that also has DivX/XVid support?

Thanks....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Likelihood is that you won't be able to 'tune-in' all the stations you're looking for.

Though why would you want to record to DVD from an RF input ? That's the lowest possible quality. At least consider using an old VCR between the aerial and the DVD-Recorder and connect via scart. That way it won't matter that the tuner on the DVD-Recorder can't locate all the stations you're looking for.

Advertisement