Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guy thing

• 21-11-2005 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if I am alone here or if anyone has similar experience. I get errections constantly. I get them any time of the day without much stimulation at all. They can last anywhere up to a few hours. This is driving my girlfriend crazy. We have a healthy sex life so its not as if I am being deprived. It has always been the same. I am 23 now and I thought that I would have grown out of it by now. Does anyone think this is something to be worried about? I have thought of going to see a doctor but not too sure what to say. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its a guy thing, live with it.

Just because you get an erection, doesn't mean you **have to** use it.

Wear long t-shirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Not sure if this is too normal.

I'd talk to your doctor. Maybe it is a symptom (sp?) of something more serious.

Worst case scenario they have to chop it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Why is it driving your girlfriend crazy??? surely if she knows its a problem for you then she understands..as said above,just because you have one it doesent mean you have to use it.See your G.P and he/she will tell you if its normal or not..

dan:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Victor wrote:
    Just because you get an erection, doesn't mean you **have to** use it.
    Now they tell me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭jd

guything wrote:
    Any ideas?
    Turn her around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have a **** in the morning, and at lunchtime. Sometimes during the summer on hot sunny days (for a few weeks, usually), it happens to me, so have a **** at lunch, and if you have time, a quick one before you goto work in the mornings.

Also, don't wear boxers: wear y-fronts, as they "hold back" the erection. Finally, does your work enviroment attribute to it? Such as fine women walking around, etc?

Its annoying, but hey, at least you ain't single: it'll go somewhere @ night :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I get them all the time :o mostly in the car i have to sit a certain way so know one can see it !!! argh!! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jimmidy_cricket

My fella's 25 and gets freebies all the time, I think its gas (as in funny, not farts), he wouldn't even be horny or anything, just all of a sudden..boing. If we don't put it to use he thinks of something unsexy and it goes away, but if yours are lasting a few hours then theres something amiss, christ are you not faint? If thinking unsexy thoughts dosn't work then have a pedal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Walk up a flight of Stairs when you get one. It will get rid of it. (a few times if needed)

Other than that, yeah it happens to a lot of lads I would imagin. ( that or I am just some freak)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Wait until you are 60 looking back on your life and saying "I remember that great erection I had when I was 23. What I wouldn't give to have it now".

Don't worry about it, you're a young healthy male. It's natural and won't do you any harm. Wear tight fitting underpants and loose trousers. You'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

guything wrote:
    I get errections constantly. I get them any time of the day without much stimulation at all. They can last anywhere up to a few hours.Any ideas?

Marry me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Depends on how long it has been happening dude.

Most likely just a hormone thing. I would be more worried if it was the other way around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Resting allows the body to "test run" the penis with an erection. By crontrast you won't get an erection during hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

It's only naturel during your young adult hood to be in this predickament.. <-- pardon spellings..
    Just remember that your only after going to a sexual transformation... ie, adolecence..

There is no reason to worry about constant erections...
    I'm 23 and have a GF for almost 2yrs...
    She satisfies all my needs ;)
    yet, I myself get the little man standing to attention at the drop of a hat...
    Hell if you've got GF I'm sure she won't complain...:D

guything wrote:
    Just wondering if I am alone here or if anyone has similar experience. I get errections constantly. I get them any time of the day without much stimulation at all. They can last anywhere up to a few hours. This is driving my girlfriend crazy. We have a healthy sex life so its not as if I am being deprived. It has always been the same. I am 23 now and I thought that I would have grown out of it by now. Does anyone think this is something to be worried about? I have thought of going to see a doctor but not too sure what to say. Any ideas?

believe me if i was your girlfriend i would put that to plenty of use :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

believe me if i was your girlfriend i would put that to plenty of use :D

Coat rack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

Personnally I'm 26 and have the same situation for most of my adult life , I'm not worried about it and I don't think you should be.

I agree with the other poster bit awkward when driving but hey at least you know it works , the alternative would be a lot worse IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Well you seem to be getting a good reaction out of the lady folks here. So I'd not worrrie about it to be honest.

(/me wonders where he can get said lady folks) :D

dublindude wrote:
    Coat rack?

NO def not!!!!!!!!1;) ;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

If these erections last hours, i'd consider that a problem.

Lots of short duration ones (5-20mins) is totally normal, but 3-4hr boners? I dunno....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I know its hard but you can beat it.

Joe King.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

dublindude wrote:
    Coat rack?

dublindude
    could you read this forums charter with regards to unhelpful, useless comments :rolleyes:
    B

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

rkm wrote:
    I know its hard but you can beat it.

Joe King.

love it, very funny!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Sparks400 wrote:
    love it, very funny!!!

did you see my post above with regards to useless comments?

Advertisement