Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re: Is the answer obivous

Options
  • 22-11-2005 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

I need to pull a dead clio out of the yard and up quiet a steep hill and was wondering would this weight put extra pressure on the timing belt,
    Not just the pulling of the car but would something attached to the hitch of a car put extra pressure on a belt in general?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Only if your vehicle uses a timing belt as the drivetrain or you have it tied between the hitch of one vehicle and the front bumper of the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

Thats pretty much the answer i expetced, but for someone fairly new to motors quiet a logical question i would have tought!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Can't possibly put extra strain on timing belt but will put strain on clutch, chassis at anchor point and bushings. So long as the car you are towing with is bigger than the clio you should be ok.

'c

Advertisement