Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Boxset pricing

• 22-11-2005 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

I was looking to pick up the complete seasons of Deep Space 9 and Enterprise as they're my favourite Star Trek series, but I was severely shocked at the price of the DVD boxset prices of each in comparison to other T.V series.

Enterprise boxset price

DS9 boxset price

Those prices of £249.99 and £299.99 are extortion!, the worst part is, they're Play.com's REDUCED prices as they tend to be a lot cheaper than high street retailers!.

Did anyone actually splash out the cash for either of these?!, I would like to have them but there's no way I could bring myself to spend that amount of money on them!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

click the ol' euro button on play, makes things easier.

anyway, err, i plan to wait 20 years when they'll be 9 99 in hmv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Paying in euro on Play.com means paying a few extra euro, note the price of an item in pounds and then what they charge in euro, you pay a couple of extra €!, pay in sterling, you'll save a good few quid..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

I'm getting the DS9 boxset as an xmas present.

Its cheaper to buy each season separetly but I stuck to my guns that I wanted the box set as I already have the ST TNG boxset. A very understanding Girlfriend!

enterprise wrote:
    A very understanding Girlfriend!

Ha!, a very generous girlfriend more like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

LOL. True!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Dont let her get away! Marry her, quick!

Anyways £250 for DS9 :eek:

Thats nearly £40 per season for a series finished 6 years ago. Sheesh.

SofaKing wrote:
    Dont let her get away! Marry her, quick!

Anyways £250 for DS9 :eek:

Thats nearly £40 per season for a series finished 6 years ago. Sheesh.

I know, it's ridiculous, especially for a T.V show that's shown day in day out in four hour marathons on Sky One.

Advertisement