Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you collect?

• 22-11-2005 2:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

What do you collect, what did you collect, do you still collect them?
    I want to know what sort of things you collected or still collect.

I will start by telling you what I accumilate, besides computer parts.
    I did collect call cards at one point but I started to collect the Sky Viewing cards. At one point I had all of them up to "11" (the second last one, it was blue where the last one was yellow and had a blue sky logo on it). Now I only have the last 3. I also have the first three Sky digital cards. The first one had two versions using Skys old and new logo. The second one is the current one.
    I know these are not of any use to anyone but I collect them anyway for reasons known only to myself.

I also collect dragons, hence the fighting draggies on my desktop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

I collect classic cars, I have fifteen at the moment, about eight of them are road worthy, the others are in various states of repair or disrepair. The main things I collect are diecast model cars, all brands i.e. Corgi, Dinky Toys, Spot-on, Matchbox etc., I would have about 3 thousand at the moment. Some are in need of repair but the majority are good to mint condition. I even restore them. If anyone has any for sale, in any condition I'll buy them for a fair price. I'm not dealing in them so I don't regard myself as a dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

I collected Star Trek figures for a while but gave it up a good while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bodykits

cars, coins, stamps, antiques, memorabilias and books

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

I collect EDGE magazines (videogame, for 'adults'/industry professionals - not your kiddy-grade full of swear words & scantily clad models), nearly complete back to issue #0 (March '94, if memory serves), with special editions. From memory, missing about 9 mags between issue #0 and #42. As before - if anyone has'em, I'm always up for a deal/trade (anything goes except my right arm and my left gon@d :D ).

That, gents, is the entire history, to date, of the videogame industry since the very beginning (and even slightly earlier) of 32-bit consoles (Panasonic 3DO & other obscure, 'pre-Playstation', consoles).

I used to collect videogame consoles, initially only portables (defined as - "with interchangeable game cartridges", e.g. from Microvision onwards, all iterations of Nintendo's ubiquitous Gameboy, Sega Game Gear, Sega Nomad, Bandai Wonderswan, NGP, NGPC, etc, etc.), then progressed to all of them (NES/SNES/SMS/Genesis/3DO/CD-i/NeoGeo AES/PS1/PS2/Saturn, etc, etc.).

I eventually got bored and obsessive in equal measures (:rolleyes:), so quit and flogged the lot.

Now considering a new collection, of mistresses :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Hi,

Collector of militaria, some antique odds and ends and any historical items relating to local history.

CroppyBoy1798

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi ,
    I collect any item woodwork related. From antique books to hand tools, and even old woodworking machinery.

I am always interested in hearing about any woodwork stuff anywhere. I am not a dealer, just interested in the origins, tools , machinery ect of my chosen profession.

kadman:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

I Collect, Callcards, PC's. DVD's with any Computer subjects, Amature Radio Equipment, Anything techie!

Advertisement