Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Using o2 in the USA problem

• 22-11-2005 5:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

I am using speakeasy in the USA atm but I can't make any outgoing calls. I can receive calls ok and send and receive texts no problem.

I get a recording saying That this call is not allowed on this line.

Strange as o2 have a roaming agreement with cingular which the phone is on atm.

Any ideas what is wrong? Am i dialing the number right?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Strange problems alright, I had no issues using my Speakeasy phone in Las Vegas last May and it was using the Cingular network
    girlfriends phone was using Verizon strangely enough and she's also O2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgske

Try manually change the network until you find one that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

sgske wrote:
    Try manually change the network until you find one that works.

Did that. There are 2 networks AT&T and Cingular. Both don't work. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭green_onions

I'm with Vodafone myself but I had the exact same problem in Orlando back in July this year. Could receive calls and texts but couldn't make calls or send texts. I tried on both AT&T and Cingluar and neither worked. I got the exact same recording as the OP. My mum is Vodafone as well and she had no problems making or recieving calls or texts. I couldn't figure out what the problem is/was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

I'm on O2 billpay - was in vegas last week and making calls wasn't a problemo.

When I did a manual scan, I found there were 2 cingular networks. I let the phone decide which one it wanted by setting it back to automatic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am in Reno at the moment and it seems to be working ok now. The issue has seemingly sorted itself out. Strange.

It's a common problem with prepay

Theres never a problem with bill pay or at least there isnt supposed to be.
    The local version of cingular was being particular and probably wouldnt allow calls on pre pay.

O2 speak easy has never worked for me in NY btw, but Vodafone has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Cabaal wrote:
    Strange problems alright, I had no issues using my Speakeasy phone in Las Vegas last May and it was using the Cingular network
    girlfriends phone was using Verizon strangely enough and she's also O2
    Verizon is a CDMA network and will not appear on any GSM phone, so what phone does she have?

Advertisement