Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA - Thoughts..

• 22-11-2005 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Maybe this been talked about before..
    I just had to epxress my thoughts about TNA Impact.

I saw the Impact show from the 19/11/05 and I just loved it!
    Christian seems to be in his right element and maybe finally get the respect he earns so much.
    Really enjoyed the wording between Christian and Alpha Male.

Seems like there were alot less people in watching that in the point.

The style of the setup reminds me of Mick F's early years.

I do know to little about TNA but it seemed like they have picked up some of the wrestlers that had "left" WWE.

And... o boy.. was I glad to see Gail Kim again :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Well with TEAM 3D, Christain and Jeff Hardy, they have the makings of a great TLC match, lets hope they use them soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

TNA is excellent, their programming far out-entertains anything put out by WWE at the moment.

Still nowhere near able to compete with WWE and will not be in a postition to do so until they get both a huge influx of cash and stop picking up the older WWE rejects. Guys like JJ and Nash have no place in a wrestling ring at that level anymore but its good to see the likes of Rhino and Christian getting a good run of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

TNA's really been getting it's act together in some ways recently. They were on the right track earlier this year with some excellent PPV's, but they pushed the wrong guys in the main event. I believe it's when Dusty Rhodes left that things took a noticable turn for the worse

It's looking up again now, they've got some of ROH's top stars who have proven they can wrestle excellent matches every night, and they seem to be pushing some of them a bit better now. Signing talented ex-WWE guys also works

cutepape wrote:
    Seems like there were alot less people in watching that in the point.

TNA tapes their weekly tv shows in Orlando Studios, Florida, which is in a theme park, basically. I think they regularly sell out

D-FENS wrote:
    Well with TEAM 3D, Christain and Jeff Hardy, they have the makings of a great TLC match, lets hope they use them soon.

Jeff and Abyss have had some crazy matches recently, and now Sabu and Abyss are having mental matches. I don't think Christian would be too willing to go down that route again, and he's got no need to

It's bad that Nash had that heart attack (or whatever it was exactly), but I am glad that they won't be using him in the main event anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

The buzz has lasted 3 years now though, and it's been getting bigger all the time

I never paid much attention to the ring. It is different, but to me the only thing I notice about it is the squeeky sound it makes when someone bounces off the ropes! It can really get to you if you listen out for it

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    Jeff and Abyss have had some crazy matches recently, and now Sabu and Abyss are having mental matches. I don't think Christian would be too willing to go down that route again, and he's got no need to

I'd be very surprised if TNA don't capitalize on Christian, Dudleys and Jeff's WWE past by putting them in at at least a couple of matches, and most likely involving TLC's.
    And I don't see why Christian wouldn’t want to go there, do "mental matches" necessarily mean mid card?
    He could have some great matches with these guys on route to a (deserved) world title shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

The impression I've got of Christian is that he's past TLC matches. He's probably gotten away the luckiest from them, even when taking a lot of the bad bumps. I'm sure he will be in some sort of match with the others at some point, but TNA could do with proving that he can wrestle at main event level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I think alot of what TNA do is really good but my god they need to work on their gimmicks. I know that its the quality of the wrestling that matters but looking at abyss when he enters I can't help cringing and wondering how some fcukwit in a meeting got away with saying "wouldn't it be great if we crossed the mankind and kane gimmicks" and then did it.

Equally cringeworthy is monty brown banging on about it being serengheti (sic) time in this thick detroit accent. He is a worse worker than cena and that finisher of his is terrible too, 'the pounce', should be the 'ooops my timing was off and i banged into you. If christian has to put this idiot over in his first program then i don't like the look of his future with TNA

Fozzy wrote:
    The impression I've got of Christian is that he's past TLC matches, but TNA could do with proving that he can wrestle at main event level

Definitely agree that Christian needs/deserves to step up to the highest level, and i imagine in time he will or i he would'nt have moved.He must have been promised something better than what he was getting at WWE, because as savemejebus said, mid carding with the Alpha Male isnt much of a step from mid carding with Booker T.
    But wheither he wants to or not (and i have'nt heard that he does'nt want to) i can see him having to return to the type of match that "brought him to the dance" as they say.Even HBK came back from his huge injury and has been involved in Elimination Chambers and Street fights.
    I know Edge shys away from ladders etc. since his big injury, but both him and Christian were in it...

• Advertisement

Just watched some of TNA's last PPV, and I think I understand why Christian has been put with Monty Brown. Monty won the no.1 contenders match, so obviously they'd have to have Christian face him before Jarrett. They probably didn't have enough time to change the booking. Funnily enough, the best Monty Brown match I've seen was against Jarrett..

I think Abyss does his gimmick well, so that doesn't bother me. Best thing about TNA at the moment has to be the ROH guys that have come in

Just felt I should post this, after watching the main event of TNA's last PPV, Genesis, I have to say it was the best 6-man tag I've seen in years. Total Non-stop Action defined in that match. It was Rhino & Team 3D vs Jarrett & America's Most Wanted. The beatings that went down after the match were brilliant too, great match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Haven't watched TNA for a couple of months, but was always fairly impressed with it, loved the six sided ring, which gives tna a bit of identity for itself, never been a big fan of Jeff Jarrett, and TNA hasn't done anything to change that, he shouldn't be holding the title, and should definitely not be a 5 time nwa world champion. Also reckon they need to stop the quick title changes (the nwa world championship has changed hands 5 times in the last 6 months). I think they've moved away from bringing in older stars like nash in the past while, which is always good, and once they can move a decent heel into the main event to take over from Jarrett they'll be well on the way to being a viable competitor to the E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

that's not going to happen anytime soon as much as ppl want it to as he does own part of the company and does have obvious creative control over his character :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I know, probably won't happen in the next few months, but they'll figure out they've gotta have another viable heel title contender, Christopher Daniels at least deserves a shot.

It seems like Daniels has sort of been playing a face to Samoa Joe recently though. Bit stupid of them, Joe will never be fully over as a heel, the fans love him

I don't think Jarrett actually owns any of the promotion now. Jerry isn't involved at all, and I think it's just the booking that Jeff has a say in

Advertisement