Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah gig

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

i scoured town trying to find tickets for this! but alas it is completely sold out :( anyone know if the village sell tickets at the door on the night like whelan's do? i really want to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

Any chance of getting these guys back to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I'm pretty sure they've been back about six times since the gig in 2005 that this thread was about. Probably be another year or two though before we see them again as they were here last year (and I'm pretty sure it wasn't sold out.).

really - not sold out?
    their first album is a gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DonegalBonz

really - not sold out?
    their first album is a gem.

Agree on the first but the second album was woeful which killed some of the hype. Saw them twice a few years back when they toured the first album and they were brilliant but havnt seeked them out since the second was so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

wow, this thread is a blast from the past. I remember that gig, and being more impressed with the support (Dr Dog). Not that CYHSY were bad though. ... I was at that Wolf Parade gig too (still have a drumstick somewhere from that one)... It's amazing the difference 8 years makes, I go to hardly any gigs these days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

McG wrote: »
    wow, this thread is a blast from the past. I remember that gig, and being more impressed with the support (Dr Dog). Not that CYHSY were bad though.

Jaysus, really is a blast from the past! Agreed - I think Dr Dog were the best thing that night, CYHSY were good and everything I expected though. Saw them again in Oz the following year and it was more of the same.

They played EP in 2010 and again since then, but like DonegalBonz, after the woeful 2nd album it was hard to drag yourself out to see them again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

the band itself is a blast from the past! i haven't thought of them or played them since that shocking second album.

listenting to 'let the cool goddess rust away' now, that bass intro straight away brings back memories of college!

phantom are fans - regularly play stuff from first album

Advertisement