Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skangermobiles

Options
  • 22-11-2005 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

OK folks, theres nothing wrong with modifying your car and making it look good but the clowns who drive around in absolute sh1tboxes, do you think they actually realise they are driving around in skangermobiles or are they too sknagery to notice? Discuss....

Perfect example\on cbg....

Is this clown having a laugh? 14K?? lmao

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Saddler wrote:
    OK folks, theres nothing wrong with modifying your car and making it look good but the clowns who drive around in absolute sh1tboxes, do you think they actually realise they are driving around in skangermobiles or are they too sknagery to notice? Discuss....

Perfect example\on cbg....

Is this clown having a laugh? 14K?? lmao

try the motors forum, or www.barryboys.co.uk - this is the For Sale section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Moved to Modified Motors.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Cheers Mike :D So whats the official verdict on this dirtbox? Is it a skangermobile or a "modified motor"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

whats the inside like ?

becides the color which i feel nothing about becides im glad its not on mine i think it looks fairly well put together

as for is it worth 14k . not if its comming from my pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ha it has a Nos kit....Would ya be well...Linky

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,613 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Id drive that motor.... to the skip!!!

LOL @ faceman !! Seriously lads why wud u bother ur jaxie spending so much money on doing up a mint coloured 96 bogger reg corsa? Thats just ridiculous.A tenner says the owner is 21 or less and has a "tache" hired from blacktie !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Id say its a sleeper,2ltr engine conversion in and aswell as different ecu and god knows what else hence the pricetag.

It might not be your taste but i reckon it moves!

Its a modified car anyways not a skangermobile

OK...I agree, its a modified motor cos it has a 2 litre engine and its nippy but apart from that it looks KAK. If its not a skangermobile, can sumone show me what is ....

Even if it was still a 1litre,its still a modified car,there's a fair amount of work gone into it - wouldnt be my taste but i can appreciate where the owner was coming from.

Imo this would be a skanger mobile as you call it

DSCF3124.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

eireal wrote:
    Even if it was still a 1litre,its still a modified car,there's a fair amount of work gone into it - wouldnt be my taste but i can appreciate where the owner was coming from.

DSCF3124.jpg
    now thats a skangermobile.....hahahaha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

For the money he spent on it he could have bought a decent m3.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Chief--- wrote:
    For the money he spent on it he could have bought a decent m3.

But then his insurance quote would be a bit high :)

Or even buy a bog standard 1.0 Micra, pay for all the running costs for 5 years, including insurance, petrol and tax while building up a full NCB and having enough left over for an M3 and insurance...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

To each his own, that Corsa is a very expensive collection of mods. The quality of the bodykit is very high, the wheels are premium stuff as is the paintjob. I'm not a fan of Mr GM's work but that is most definitely not a skangermobile. The Fiesta on the other hand is a skangermobile and only one step away from this beauty which I created a few years ago *note the badboy headlight brows, roofspots and crash damage...*
    Pickup3.JPG

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭vannistelrooy10

eireal wrote:

DSCF3124.jpg

think of this car exept standard with faded red paint job. then ad those ****e fake plastic spinners.
    a skanger has one in my area hilarious as all them have the L plates on and drive lke they own the road ****ing thicks who give proper modders a bad name

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Saw this thread and had to contribute these beauties...

car.jpg

--

chavcar.jpg

--

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

funny stuff:D check out the ferari ciquecento at the end:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Beefing up a Corsa wouldn't be first on my list of priorities, but I have to agree with the others who say that this is not really a skanger mobile. The person who owns that Corsa has put a lot of hard work and money into all those expensive mods, and has got some quality kit. I've seen soooooo much worse on the roads, so I don't know why you have singled this car out as a skanger mobile.

Now that Fiesta is a skanger mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I have to agree with Saddler, whats the point in wasting all that money on a corsa when he/she could save the money and buy a proper decent powerfull car, instead he/she is driving around in something that the vast majority of people look at and laugh at.

draffodx wrote:
    I have to agree with Saddler, whats the point in wasting all that money on a corsa when he/she could save the money and buy a proper decent powerfull car, instead he/she is driving around in something that the vast majority of people look at and laugh at.

You see thats the joy of modifying,
    You do it to your own taste and dont care what anyone else thinks of your work.If you built a car for other peoples taste then that'd be a waste imo.

Chances are with the stuff thats done to it its powerfull enough as it is to wipe the smile of many a middle ager in his bmw 320's face

• Advertisement

Ah now in fairness lads...its one thing modifying a half decent car but a corsa...come on !! Plus looking at that car, goes to show you money dont buy you taste....what odds his insurance company know theres a 2 litre in her :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

quite high actually hes clearly spent thousands on it so why wouldnt he declare it

As above,hed be silly not to declare it with the amount of work gone in there.

I owned a widearch corsa before my current car,why?because i liked it and it was different,it may have only been a 1.2,cost shag all to run/insure/tax but at the end of the day it was different and i couldnt give a rats what anyone else thought of it

eireal wrote:
    As above,hed be silly not to declare it with the amount of work gone in there.

I owned a widearch corsa before my current car,why?because i liked it and it was different,it may have only been a 1.2,cost shag all to run/insure/tax but at the end of the day it was different and i couldnt give a rats what anyone else thought of it

I bet all the 16 yr old moths on your estate looked on in awe every sunday morning when you went down the shops to buy the papers:)

They sure did!

Out of intrest do you/have own'd a modded car?

Yeah but its for sale :-( Check out the for sale section...its a ford cortina....in my mind its a "modified" car anyway....you might argue with me lol

Mmm it depends,id class retro cars restored as a form of modifying but i wouldnt add teh furry dice or leopardskin seat covers!!!

Ahh man, thats the class touch though, its a must if you have a cortina :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Sticking furry dice and an 'island' gearknob is hardly modifying - I think you have a nerve slagging the 2.0 Corsa when you have an unfinished clapped out pipe-and-slippers mobile. Cortinas were rubbish when they were the best Ford could do, and they are still rubbish. I bet all the retired cops in your estate fancy a nostalgic spin in your rear-wheel drive wheely-bin. Good luck with the sale.

'c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

eireal wrote:
    You see thats the joy of modifying,
    You do it to your own taste and dont care what anyone else thinks of your work.If you built a car for other peoples taste then that'd be a waste imo.

Chances are with the stuff thats done to it its powerfull enough as it is to wipe the smile of many a middle ager in his bmw 320's face

I dont mind modifying if i had the money I'd do some myself but theres classy modifying that makes a car look sexy, sporty and enhances what the car is, and then theres over the top modifying which is in my opinion just attention seeking

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement