Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Plasma Project

• 22-11-2005 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Morning All,

Just thought I'd share some images of my little DIY project.

http://photobucket.com/albums/c78/apip99/

Being the idiot I am I didn't take any pictures during the procedure.

About 3 weeks ago the were pine with glass inlay double doors where the Plasma now sits.

I ermed and ahhed about this project for months, and then on evening after work I removed the doors and frame. The wife walked in and said "Oh, so your going ahead then!" ..............Hell yer.

I built the stud wall up incorporating a box structure for the Plasma to sit in (I'm so annoyed I didn't take pictures!!) I then mounted the plaster board on the sitting room side. Then came the part I would never do again. I tried my own spot of skimming/plastering with this new DIY roll on skim coat (glorified thick paint, is what I now call it) Not an easy job, but after sanding down for what seamed like a week, it was ready to be painted.

I brought the Plasma home, opened it up and the spotted my error. All though the box was going to look the nuts. How the hell am I going to mount the dam thing inside it. Slept on it and the next day had a brain wave......

The TV is now screwed into the wall at the back, thru the batons. Okay so if I need to take the TV down for any reason then I have to drill into the plaster, unscrew, and when the TV is back up I have to screw it back in, then replaster the small holes. BUT on the up side. No one can come in and rob this baby, as it appears to be super glued to the wall. And as mentioned only I know where in the wall in the kitchen the screws are.

Then came my next problem. I forgot about the feck'n wiring at the back. So before I put up the plaster board at the back I cut access holes in the areas needed. Power point etc. I then went thru the boring process for 'plastering' again. And after I was finished was left with 2 holes in the wall. After couple of days of thought. I can up with the idea of making a feature out of them and constructed a picture frame that is about an inch deep, that sits into the holes.

Now its finished and I'm as happy as a pig. Had a few problems to over come, but I feel I did so with out to much swearing.

Just waiting for the LED lights to go behind the screen. Which does mean that I will have to de-mount it!!!! But I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Also included a picture of our slouch couch.. Happy days

Pip

Advertisement