Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I port from Vodafone bill to O2 payg?

• 22-11-2005 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im nearing the end of my current vodafone contract & am thinking about porting to o2 pay as you go. Can someone tell me what I need to do to do this & how long the process takes?
    thanks
    skywalker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

go to any o2 store when your contract is up and it shouldn't take more than 3 hours with maybe only an hours loss of service.

your gonna cost yourself money moving from bill to payg regardless of network though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

your gonna cost yourself money moving from bill to payg regardless of network though!

More like the other way around... although i would consider threes new service on contract, free 3g content on demand as part of the 25 with loads of free minutes aswell. thats what i call getting value for money. vodafone could learn a thing or two from them.

straight off 100 quid or more saving on the handset

then roughly 24 cent per min anytime

versus

15c to 02 and landlines
    19c other net
    then ridiculous 50+ cent and 60+ cent

then an upgrade phone (same saving as above) year on year or at least every 18months

if you barely use your phone payg makes sense but telcos aren't stupid. Sure they make way more money of pay as you go folk.

if you use your phone for an hour a month or more a bill is the only way to go. If you want the luxury of not being under contract you'll pay for it.

rough comparisons above are vf perfect fit 100 v night owl o2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

and if i used 2 phones, one on peak and one on off peak how does that affect you calculations?

i'd say enjoy forking out for two phones especially at pay as you go prices and carrying them around which'll also be fun but...

i imagine you're going to tell me you meant two sims and interchanging them in the same handset which is even a hassle to type besides such further hassle as having two phone numbers for people to get you on/ have in their phone book, missing calls and delayed text messages on the one you have turned off and of course o2 ridiculously charge for voice mail and then there's the matter of physical care of the sim- they are delicate and regardless of how safe you store it they are very easily dust damaged.

furthermore the likes of vodafone reward even moderately higher spenders with the likes of 1000 free weekend minutes or care credit when you have a serious complaint but by your plan your making yourself two small customer instead of one big loyal one.

all that aside look at it this way. The vast majority of people don't have two phones for this purpose. Do you really think we are all idiots and your way ahead of us all?

CoNoR

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

lomb wrote:
    More like the other way around... although i would consider threes new service on contract, free 3g content on demand as part of the 25 with loads of free minutes aswell. thats what i call getting value for money. vodafone could learn a thing or two from them.

I've been comparing bill pay on O2, Vodafone & Three and Three beats the other two hands down, 200min @ 20c a min comes to 40e worth of calls thats bloody great value as none of the money is wasted on "line rental".

There txt's outside of the bundle are also cheaper then vodafone's offering...in fairness 13c per txt for Vodafone Talk400 is daylight robbery compared to Three's 9c txt's

actually hang on a sec...

if you're using your phone day and night you'd have a reasonable talk time so maybe 250 mins?

which is available on vodafone pf200 for 49 quid which works out at 19.6 cent a min with free voicemail and decent upgrade opportunities which is really close to your average off peak charge with your two phones but even say if you only call 02 and landlines there's a 3 or 4 cent difference which is about 9 or 10 euro a month which is over a hundred quid a year which is less than what you'd save on a handset upgrade AND only have one phone, one phone number, loyalty rewards and way way less hassle?

Cabaal wrote:
    I've been comparing bill pay on O2, Vodafone & Three and Three beats the other two hands down, 200min @ 20c a min comes to 40e worth of calls thats bloody great value as none of the money is wasted on "line rental".

There txt's outside of the bundle are also cheaper then vodafone's offering...in fairness 13c per txt for Vodafone Talk400 is daylight robbery compared to Three's 9c txt's

spot on

3 is gonna wipe the floor price wise to break in the market

400 on vodafone does come with unlimited calls to one other vf person though

vf also have 400 texts unexpiring for 20 quid on bill or rtg which is 5 c text (not promo)

or 100 for 8 euro = 8 c

then there's the network quality which i dont know about so wont comment

but if i was in it to save cash id prob b with 3

Advertisement