Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

wifes car passed nct this am

Options
  • 22-11-2005 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jildy

Are you serious about the €10 'bribe' ??

What centre was it... I could do with a sound bet like that !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What puzzles me though is why you bothered to put a car with two obvious and easily repairable faults through the NCT, risking a possible retest? Letting water build up inside light clusters is hardly a good idea, potentially causing corrosion, intermittent short circuits etc. and therefore non-working lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

loz wrote:
    easily repariable ?

rear cluster with the hole - i was quoted over 400 euros to replace.
    front cluster - was told the seal had gone - again over 400 euro for a new unit ( due to haveing to remove wing to get at brackets )
    Well, if you can't afford to run a car (which includes maintaining it properly and fixing it when it goes wrong) then don't have one. What are you going to do when all that water causes the lights to fail? Drive around with one headlight, and one working rear cluster? Oh yes, this is Ireland, of course you will ... sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

A couple of years ago I was driving home from my NCT test which my car had passed. I had only travelled about 10 miles and the back wheel fell off - i kid you not. Cost me a packet to get repaired and nearly killed me but NCT would not entertain that it was their fault

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

JimmySmith wrote:
    A couple of years ago I was driving home from my NCT test which my car had passed. I had only travelled about 10 miles and the back wheel fell off - i kid you not. Cost me a packet to get repaired and nearly killed me but NCT would not entertain that it was their fault

Well seeing as they dont take the wheels off the car, short of them cutting chuks off your car with a con-saw, I can't see how they could have caused it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

JimmySmith wrote:
    It is your responsibility to make sure the car you are driving is roadworthy despite the NCT doing same.

@ Stekelly - they do have the option of checking the torque of the wheel nuts but I don't think I have seen them do this.

Advertisement