Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod 20G problem

• 22-11-2005 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I had U2 20G ipod. It broke and Apple gave me a new one.
    But the brand new one has a problem. I can listen to it fine for about 10 minutes. Then suddenly the sound becomes distorted completely muffled. If you don't use it for about an hour it works again for 10 minutes. It is not the ear phones. I checked there is no Eq on. I reset factory defaults. I have the latest version of itunes and the latest firmware for the Ipod.
    ANY Idea?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Send it back?
    Sounds like faulty hardware...either that or maybe a dodgy usb cable that isnt transfering files correctly?
    Definetly something hardware related so you are better off sending it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

My son's ipod had the same problem last March. We sent it back to Apple in Holland and they replaced it within a few days. I tried everything to fix it by running repairs on my Mac only for it to return (the muffled sound quality). Either bring it back to where you bought it or apply online for a collection on Apple's website.

Advertisement