Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controller for PES on PC

Options
  • 22-11-2005 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Just ordered PES5 for PC, and i need to buy a couple of good controllers for it. Any suggestions and where to buy them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

For the best result, buy a PS2 controller and a PC adapter for it.
    (Even better if you have already! :))
    You can get it on play.com or GAME do one (dearer though and only one adapter).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

For an even better result buy a logitech game pad.
    Identical to the PS2 pad but you don't need both pad and adapter.

Also, I find the logitech controller better than the PS2 pad/adapter combo (which I have).

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

brianon wrote:
    For an even better result buy a logitech game pad.

I agree...I'm a long time PS2 player who has just bought PES5 for PC. I was going to go down the whole adapter + PS2 pad route but then saw this:

http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=sr&page=title&r=PC&title=693884

There's a version with the analog sticks as well for a bit more (I don't use them).

The PS2 pads are shoddily made in my opinion, I've had loads of them over the years, the shoulder buttons always get stuck and then can't be used. When I get my Logitech pad delivered I'll let you know what it's like to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Not mad about using the PS2 to PC adaptor.

Bought one from Play.com when PES5 came out and just doesn't feel quite right with it (bit better then the crocked PS2 pads I've used for the console version though)

If you have the analog sticks mapped it makes strange things happen at times. The players randomly make annoying short passes when all you're using is the directional pad.
    There was something else but I just disabled the analog sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭theceltichitman

On a related note, do you guys tend to use the analog stick or the directional pad when playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I always use the D pad myself.
    Never tried to play with analog too much so can't comment on which is better.

Advertisement