Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCP new album

• 22-11-2005 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Someone on boards was asking about this, I found this on Aertel

CHILI PEPPERS TITLE UPCOMING ALBUM
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers have revealed
    that their eagerly-awaited new album is
    called Stadium Arcadium. Rolling Stone
    reports that the band plan to release
    the album in April.

Speaking in Los Angeles last week, Red
    Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea said:
    'It's very honest music, and I feel
    like we improved as craftsmen. We gave
    all we had to this album.'

The band are mixing the album and the
    bassist revealed they had recorded a
    'huge quantity of music'. 'We think
    it's the best stuff we've ever done,'
    he added.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Cool name, but I heard it was supposed to come out before Christmas. That's dissapointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I heard it was being released in March, I really cant wait for this album. Im a huge Chilis fan, and this album apparently is going back to the funk days! Hail the Chilis!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

They seem to be on a real roll these days. I like the newer style but love when they funk it up to so. Live they are fantastic. I'll be getting the new album whenever it comes out!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 FeckThat

I actually heard bout the new album due for release next year but the name or date wasn't given...I heard (or read) on the NME website that they're doin a tour to go along with the release of the album...me hopes so!! I dunno bout the whole "best music we've ever done" malark...i love retro chilis...and new chilis is a bit...i dunno, foofy! lol...KEEP THE FUNK!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 1800callturk

:v: hhhhheeeeeellllll yyyyyyeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!:v: chilis rule thats another album to my shelf, stadium arcadium forever, please let the tour be true.
    anyone at the phoenix park, kicked ass!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭john^doyle

i was in the first pit at phoenix - it was awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Sweeeeeeet, cant wait for the album :)

There was a 'hole' in the sound where I was in the Pheonix so had to move around to get the bass back. Imagine the chilis with no bass!!:eek:

Good gig ruined by awful beer tent management. A disgrace :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

anyone at the phoenix park, kicked ass!!!!
    What?! The Phoenix Park gig was shambolic! I was right up on the barrier in the 1st pit and it was sooo disappointing. They were not on form at all that night. When you compare that performance to that of Slane the previous year you will know what I'm talking about. The only good things about the Phoenix Park gig were I got in free and The Hothouse Flowers.

:( OK, i'm gonna stop ya. you can have ur opinion, but come on, i no it was almost nothin to slane, but it wasn't particularly shambolic! i may not know much, but chilis are my fav band and phoenix was my first of their gigs, couldn't make it to slane, but we're not discussing their performance now, we're discussing the new album.:D :D:D:D

backto the funk days as in the RHCP, or back to the funk days as in blood sugar and MM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

it sure did, and flea's he biggest legend ever!!!

Flea Rocks

We need to get back to the Mothers Milk days. Cos, IMO, it's their best album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

john^doyle wrote:
    i was in the first pit at phoenix - it was awesome
    me too! Can't wait for the new album :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

I think all RHCP albums after Blood Sugar Sex Magic are pure w*nk.

Don't get me wrong, they are good musicians / performers etc.

I just don't like their style anymore.

Too much of the same.
    Too commercial.

But thats my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Giggleheimer

At last the album has been named! I was so pissed off when they delayed it, the first single was to be released on October 13th 2005!
    I even thought that they might, dare I say it, break up. I mean, who delays an album that long after more than 4 years since the previous one and 7 months of rehearsals!?
    "Stadium Arcadium", the name could be better, but YES, they are gonna keep going, and I hope the tour rumour is true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭the cat

Cant wait for the new album!!!!!!!!! But I have to agree that the gig in the phoenix park wasnt the best, I was at the front in the 1st pit at the and the only member of the chilis who acted like they actually wanted to be there was John. I was so glad I didnt pay to go to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭munky

exiot wrote:
    this album apparently is going back to the funk days! Hail the Chilis!
    Really?
    I hope not, the funk was good but they have progressed to a higher level of song writing since then.
    I can't really see John givin up the new sonud he has crafted over his 6 solo albums be disolved by goin back to a time when he wasn't even enjoying being in the band.
    And yes ALL HAIL THE CHILIS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

The chilis shouldve wrapped up their tattoos after blood sugar. I knew that for sure when I heard 'cant stop, addicted to the shindig.' By far, their worst song. They've just become a cartoon, for some reason they have a residency in Ireland every summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Rockee wrote:
    The chilis shouldve wrapped up their tattoos after blood sugar. I knew that for sure when I heard 'cant stop, addicted to the shindig.' By far, their worst song. They've just become a cartoon, for some reason they have a residency in Ireland every summer.

That By The Way album is one of their best IMO. The songs that weren't released as singles or music videos are by far the best on the album. Such as "Venice Queen", "Dont Forget Me", "This Is The Place", "I Could Die For You" and "Minor Thing".

"Cant Stop" is just one song that the record companies decided to release as a single/music video. Its not the Chilli's fault that MTV decided to overplay it so that the lyrics to the song lost all meaning.

I'll admit it took me a while to tune my ears to the good vibes that i hear from this album today, but it remains one of the greatest allbums i have ever heard. And coupled with Anthony Keidis' Autobiography "Scar Tissue", the lyrics make all the more sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I agree with with what you said about MTV overkill, if you see a video once on sky didital, you're bound to see it again. I still think that they've become a parody of themselves. One Hot Minute was even half good! I'd love to hear 'Tearjerker' 'Warped' and 'My Friends' played live nowadays if anything!

Rockee wrote:
    I agree with with what you said about MTV overkill, if you see a video once on sky didital, you're bound to see it again. I still think that they've become a parody of themselves. One Hot Minute was even half good! I'd love to hear 'Tearjerker' 'Warped' and 'My Friends' played live nowadays if anything!
    Seconded, but it ain't gonna happen. Something to do with Navarro wanting money or some such thing. But how cool would it be to hear Transcending live?

I heard, don't quote me on this, that it's gonna be a double album.

Well it is according to http://www.myspace.com/redhotchilipeppers, which seems like a reliable source.

To whet my appetite until then, I discovered, when I put By the Way on my computer today, that there's about 3 songs I've never listened to before.

Blisterman wrote:
    Well it is according to http://www.myspace.com/redhotchilipeppers, which seems like a reliable source.

To whet my appetite until then, I discovered, when I put By the Way on my computer today, that there's about 3 songs I've never listened to before.
    I think that is actually there Myspace, so it prolly is gonna be a double. I'm happy!! :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I dunno, im praying it'll be good, but have a feeling ill be disappointed. Had such massive expectations for "By the way", but was just so let down. I mean it was fine and everything, but it just wasn't the chili's i grew up loving. It sounded like it was from a different band to the one that made Mothers milk, BSSM, One Hot Minute (most underrated album ever IMO) and even Californication (the worst of those 4). Would be well happy if they returned to the days of old, but i cant see it happening. They seem to have moved on musically, which you gotta respect cause they're playing what they wanna hear, its just not what i wanna hear. Fingers crossed, but i won't have the same high expectations again. Hopefully will be pleasently surprised.

Sorry to burst your pessimistic bubble, rebel, but im gonna blow you a knew one. flea said in an interview with rolling stone magazine that stadium arcadium is returning to the old days of blood sugar and all that, and that it is the best stuff they have ever done IHO.:D :D:D:D

Sorry to burst your pessimistic bubble, rebel, but im gonna blow you a knew one. flea said in an interview with rolling stone magazine that stadium arcadium is returning to the old days of blood sugar and all that, and that it is the best stuff they have ever done IHO.:D :D:D:D
    Nah best stuff they ever did was Mothers Milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

the new album is gonna be released on May 8th here

my source you ask, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_Arcadium
    and various others

yeah Mothers milk, Blood sugar, and californication were there best albums IMO but i though By the Way was really good too. i do hope they go back to a bit more of the older style

• Advertisement

Well, they haven't released a bad album yet, so I'm hoping they won't start now.

Advertisement