Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCP new album

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

their first album was pants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but it is weaker than any of their other albums.
    But they weren't even playing as a full band then. Hillel wasn't playing on that album. Some other guy was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Pitseleh

This album will be the first time the band lineup has remained unchanged for three concurrent albums apparently. The last two were among there strongest (not a bad track on By The Way in my opinion) so I'm looking forward to it. It was gonna be a 38 track epic or something but it's now a 24 track double album I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 1800callturk

their first album was in their days of sh!t fest when they were still playing clubs and whatever, now they rule the world, or at least they should, believe that they will have a good album, because otherwise you will kick yourself in the nads for being so pessimistic when it comes out and you and your mates will be bouncing off the walls while your neighbours are complaining about the loud, yet incredibly funky and kick ass noise.:D :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

Californication is probably my favourite actually, but we all have different opinions. I just hope a double album doesn't somehow dilute the overall greatness by filling it up with not-so-good songs, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ReadyMade

For the most recent news on the album take a look at
    www.stadium-arcadium.com

Theres also 4 live versions of track to download which will be on the new album!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

thanks man thats bleedin rapi', although i dont know whether i want to listen to the songs yet or wait, it feels like im cheating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lyrama

The countdown begins.... Lol, can't wait:D ! Aaaaaaaaargh May! Ah well, hope they'll release some European tour dates soon! Smiles all around I say :D !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

lyrama wrote:
    The countdown begins.... Lol, can't wait:D ! Aaaaaaaaargh May! Ah well, hope they'll release some European tour dates soon! Smiles all around I say :D !!!
    Ehm....they have released their European dates, well most of 'em anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Slurms wrote:
    Seconded, but it ain't gonna happen. Something to do with Navarro wanting money or some such thing. But how cool would it be to hear Transcending live?

Actually nothing to do with Navarro - John has stated he will never play the OHM stuff live as he felt like the rest of the band "cheated" on him after he left. Described it as like not wanting to see someone playing around with your girlfriend. Weird and frankly a bit childish but there you go.

The phoenix park gig was unbelievably bad thanks to MCD fcking it up. Although it has to be said if you watch old live videos or listen to bootlegs Keidis has the ability to be a truly awful performer by times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Dangerfield

Yeah, One Hot Minute is their best, but its usually a juggle with BSSM. I don't think the Chili's even realise themselves anymore how good that album was considering the reviews it got, same for BSSM. They're under the impression By The Way is, due to sales/reviews (and I do like it). But no Chilis album is ever similar to another, so I hope this sticks with Stadium not being similar to By The Way, they better rock/funk/? it up a load!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Actually nothing to do with Navarro - John has stated he will never play the OHM stuff live as he felt like the rest of the band "cheated" on him after he left. Described it as like not wanting to see someone playing around with your girlfriend. Weird and frankly a bit childish but there you go.

Source?

I have never heard this and always wondered why they didnt play anything from OHM. How can he be annoyed the guys got another guitar player(s;)) and continued to make music when he left the band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Source?

I have never heard this and always wondered why they didnt play anything from OHM. How can he be annoyed the guys got another guitar player(s;)) and continued to make music when he left the band

well i think its more to do with it not being his style if you know what i mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dricko

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_Arcadium
    check this out for their new album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ReadyMade

You can now hear the new single as well as see the video for it!

Dani California Audio...
    http://streamos.wbr.com/qtime/wbr/rhcp/dcaudio/rchp_dani-california9v4k5f_128.mov

Video on youtube...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUYuNqc0T_g&search=red%20hot%20chili%20peppers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Charm Offensive

ZzzZzzzZzz...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Ive herd that RHCP have played coffee shop live on the By The Way tour. Source- some guy on some board. I love Dani California, you can realy bang your head along to the chorus. John's solo is very reminisent of the early days. I'v also herd (again some guy on some board) that this stuff is alot darker than anything they have done in a while. Cant wait for Oxegen
    As for there best album, I think it has to be californication. Im all for the earlier funkier stuff like One Hot Minute and Mothers Milk but the traks on Californication and By The Way have more longevity. RHCP have always managed to come out with somthing new with every album unlike other bands (*chough* Metalica) and that I feel is there greatest asset.

"Speaking to MTV News, Kiedis called the album "retardedly painful funk" and said that some songs are just "straightout dirty funk". He added that the Peppers' more melodic sounds as heard on Californication (1999) and By The Way (2002) will be present on the album. He also added that Frusciante's (Guitar) work on Stadium Arcadium is 'his masterpiece'.

Bassist Flea has said "If you don't like this [record], you don't like the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Period."

Engineer Ryan Hewitt talks about his work on the Red Hot Chili Peppers forthcoming double-CD. When asked about the sound of the album Hewitt said "“Everyone's asking me, ‘Are they bringing back the funk?’” Hewitt confides. “All I can say is, ‘Yes.’”

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Flea says that Stadium Arcadium is "by far the best thing we've ever done.""
    Wikipedia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

my god there are some fan boys on here, i like californication a lot and BSSM but I think BTW is absolute sh1te, its terrible, it turned me off them completely for ages, i cant stand one song on that album, it makes my skin crawl.

The start of Dani California sounds very like a song they have already but i just cant put my finger on it, the chorus is nice though and I like it a lot more than anything on BTW, here's hoping for a good album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Source?

As stated by JF on his website and interviews (I think you can download an audio interview off his website where he explains it)
    Also as stated by DN on his website and interviews/radio show.

JF by all accounts is a bit of a weird one. I don't think logic makes up a large part of his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Okay the new album: It's good. They've not gone back to the MM era but there are slight elements. I think this is a lot like Californication, so thats a good thing for me. Though I really hoped they had one more funk album in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

It's better than I was expecting.
    Some nice funk moments in Charlie and Hump de Bump, although it's not quite the same as the old stuff - Frusciante's harmonies are everywhere. Not necessarily a bad thing though.
    I do think it could have been a great single album, and would have made for some decent B sides too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Average album. It's a very consistant album but the great moments from RHCP that you should expect are few and far between, average background tracks dominate the record. Doing a 28 track double album was absolutely pointless. If they eroded the average material and concentrated on the songs that actually had character then they could have released a decent 14 track LP but instead they've gone the 28 track, 2 hour bore option. Bad choice. Overall the album is largely forgettable and is nowhere near the heights of Californication or even By The Way. 6/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Average album. It's a very consistant album but the great moments from RHCP that you should expect are few and far between, average background tracks dominate the record. Doing a 28 track double album was absolutely pointless. If they eroded the average material and concentrated on the songs that actually had character then they could have released a decent 14 track LP but instead they've gone the 28 track, 2 hour bore option. Bad choice. Overall the album is largely forgettable and is nowhere near the heights of Californication or even By The Way. 6/10

I'd tend to agree - though I'd probably knock a mark off the 6/10. I wish I could say this was a disappointment, but it was exactly what I expected: RHCP are now officially past 'it'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

NoelRock wrote:
    I'd tend to agree - though I'd probably knock a mark off the 6/10. I wish I could say this was a disappointment, but it was exactly what I expected: RHCP are now officially past 'it'.

I would disagree that they are past ''it''. While most people are fans of their earlier material I'm more of a fan of their last two records which I thought were fantastic. From listening to this album I still believe there's plenty of ability to top Californication but I personally think they were stupid to do this double album for the sake of making a double album and not for having the in depth quality of songs to produce a great double LP. RHCP are a good band but a double LP is way out of their league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Imo they've gone downhill since they've stpped using, and Navarro was a big loss...but this is about their new album, have only heard that California song - disappointed really but then again I hated BTW adn a lot of Californication was tripe. Imo. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

i'm listening to the album now, i think its great - i havent heard all the tracks yet but i imagine its gona grow on me over the 10,000 listens i'll give it before goin to see them at oxegen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I downloaded a leaked copy of the album. It's great. But then, so are all their albums other than their first.
    I'll listen to it a few times, before I decide whether it's their best yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

:eek: a mod

I can see where this thread is going ha

But anyway, enough about leaks, I don't see how people can have such an infatuation with the chili peppers. The first cd I ever bought was Californication a few years back. Some songs are really great and I like a few others here and there off the older albums but really, they don't deserve the publicity they get, taking into consideration other bands that have been mentioned in past "underated bands" threads.

The new single is rather catchy though, suitable for the radio, Crawdaddy and the like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Flea frowns on you!!!
    Fleamail May 2nd 2006
    "when i woke up this morning
    i was was confronted with the news that our record has been leaked to
    the internet
    it does not come out til may 9 but now it has leaked
    and not that i know alot about this kind of thing
    but i guess now it is possible to down load it for free if you want
    well
    that's not very nice
    if you down load it now off one of these file sharing sites