Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCP new album

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Flea wrote:
    Flea frowns on you!!!
    Fleamail May 2nd 2006
    "when i woke up this morning
    i was was confronted with the news that our record has been leaked to
    the internet
    it does not come out til may 9 but now it has leaked
    and not that i know alot about this kind of thing
    but i guess now it is possible to down load it for free if you want
    well
    that's not very nice
    if you down load it now off one of these file sharing sites
    you will be getting a pale imitation of the record
    it will be of the poor sound quality of the technique they used to
    get it on there
    and that will break my heart
    it will break john frusciante's heart
    it will break anthony kiedis's heart
    and it will break the heart of chad smith
    yes, we worked for a year and a half to make the epic record of our
    lives
    and it is sad to me for the business reasons of course
    i think we are selling something really cool and we put all we had
    into it, 28 songs, 2 hours of the best that we can offer
    and i think it is a fair deal for everyone
    and for people to just steal a poor sound quality version of it for free
    because some asshole stole it and put it on the internet
    is sad to me
    but, equitable business reasons aside
    the thing that really bums me out is
    we worked so hard, and so thoughtfully, all of us, for so long
    to make this record sound as warm and full from top to bottom
    as was possible
    we spent day and night for a year making sure every little sound was
    just right
    that they were all put together in the most beautiful way we could
    we did not leave a stone unturned in doing that work
    i can not put in words how much this record, stadium arcadium, means
    to us
    how sacred the sound of it is to us
    and how many sleepless nights and hardworking days we all had
    thinking about how to make it be the best sounding thing we could
    and now, for someone to take it and put it out there with this poor
    sound quality
    it is a painful pill for us to swallow
    let me tell you
    this bums all of us out
    and i know that, as sensitive as john frusciante is about sound
    the idea of anyone getting and hearing this thing that way
    will devastate him
    for people to not hear the work the way we meant it to be
    will really hurt him deep inside
    and all of us will hurt

yes, it is stealing from us, and that is lame
    everyone has to live with their own conscience on that one
    let it be your guide
    but to take a version that has been defiled sound wise
    a version in which some idiot has taken our year and a half of soul
    baring work and pissed all over it
    that will break our hearts

sincerely,

flea

"
    www.redhotchilipeppers.com

Hahahahaahaaaaa!111!!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

it's a terrible album anyway despite flea's one and a half years of turmoil, it seems.. even with the "poor sound quality of the technique they used to get it on there" copy i've got i can tell that it's poor.. mediocre aint the word.. i'll give it another listen over the weekend but i dont think it'll be on my stereo much at home, which is a shame cause i had hope for a lot more.. that'll learn me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Considering they released it on iTunes at 128kps AAC they can't really be complaining about sound quality now can they.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

i think it's great. just got it this morning. there's some really funky stuff on it. Humo de Bump is class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Nice laid back guitar and bass on some tracks. On others, a nice mixture of funk and their new sound. Haromincally, I think everything is gorgoeus. It's just pleasing to the ear.

I've only played it through a couple of times, but I've heard some nice chord progressions and melodies. Wet Sand is a personal favourite, as is Hump de Bump (mighty bassline). I also love the progression into the chorus of Dani California. I think Readymade has quite the RATM feel off it, which is always nice. :)

My only real gripe is that the first album gets a bit repetitve. IMO, anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

too many songs sound the same, always thinking did i not just hear that song a few minutes ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I dont know what all the naysayers are talking about. I love it, its fecking brilliant, and my copy doesnt sound that bad :). Songs like "Shes Only 18", "Hump de Bump", "Slow Cheetah" and "Stadium Arcadium" make the album what it is... brilliant.

Again i suggest ye all read the Keidis biography, its a excellent read and you realise that this music might never have been made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Have to say I'm really liking C'mon Girl. Kinda reminds me of Right on Time except in reverse, if ya get me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Last time I checked FLAC isn't low quality compared to iCrap 128kbps...

I'm liking the return to the funky sound.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

I really like it anyway. Grows on you quite a lot.

Tis a nice mix. Sounds a lot more Californication (And earlier) then By The Way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

When i first got the album i was delighted then around 4 tracks in i noticed that every song souded the exact same, and other tracks sounding very very simlar to tracks on californiacation, i cant remember the name but one has the exact same bassline as californiacation the song. All in all i sayu its good but with way way way too much filler stuff, this album should be only 8 tracks long not 28 tracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

I really like the album now,even though I haven't listend to the 2nd disc that much,I was'nt impressed at first,but it grows on you.love charlie,stadium arcadium,slow cheetah & torture.
    I still think its very similar to the last 2 albums,they seem to have found a formula & are sticking to it.
    the new Pearl jam albums pisses all over it IMO

spaceboy wrote:
    I really like the album now,even though I haven't listend to the 2nd disc that much,I was'nt impressed at first,but it grows on you.love charlie,stadium arcadium,slow cheetah & torture.

Charlie is quickly becoming my favourite song of the album. Mainly bacause i saw their live performance of it on MTV. Twas cool. I love the backing vocals during the verse. Almost percussive. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Well I have to say I think its brilliant. There isnt a bad song on it. My favourites are slow cheetah, she's only 18, make you feel better and wet sand. The tone from some of John's solos are just amazing. Im now determined to get to oxegen even though as yet I dont have a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Slurms wrote:
    Have to say I'm really liking C'mon Girl. Kinda reminds me of Right on Time except in reverse, if ya get me.
    retrograde baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

I think its a pretty decent album. Californication is still my favourite of their albums but this is definitely better than by the way. Charlie is the best of the lot but there are a few other good ones on it. It could have been condensed into a one CD album though, its a bit overkill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Scar Tissue is definitely a great read. Its unbleievable some of the stuff in that book. Kiedes is lucky to be alive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Have to say I wasn't expecting much but I was presently surprised when I heard this. They have definitly returned to the funkier feel that they abandoned in Bye The Way. Although I get sick of listening to the album 3 quarters of the way through because it's too long, I think that all of the songs on it aren't bad. Flea outdoes himself with the bass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

i agree Scar Tissue is an amazing book - so many highs and lows, i was howling with laughter at the point where he described how he and the other guys dressed up as the Spice Girls for Flea's daughter's birthday after telling her the Spice Girls were coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I think the album is definitely starting to grow on me. The outro to 'Make you Feel Better' is definitely straight from Californication era, and some of the melodies are just beautiful; eg. the chorus in Especially in Michigan, If, Wet Sand and little bits throughout the album.

I've gotten to the stage where there's 3 or 4 songs I'll go straight to. It all seems very stripped down at places though...no layered masterpieces like Dosed on BTW, for example.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Got Stadium arcadiumthe day it came out and have been listening to it over and over. THere are some nice tunes that I might give a bash on the old acoustic, but sad to report no real standout songs.
    This is more like a catalog of unreleased songs that didnt quite make the mark for other albums.
    I'll keep listening though, its certainly not hard to listen to (of course neither is Dido...) so maybe it'll grow on me some more.
    Took more than one pint to develop a taste for beer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Well I love the Album, Ill tell you if its there best ever in 6 months time when I have absorbed all of it fully. I think Frusciante is back to his best here. It puts a smile on my face everytime I hear Kiedis say "Oh clean it up Johney" on Readymade. Thats old school chilis defined in one lyric if you ask me. There isnt a week track on Jupiter (Disc One). Mars (Disc Two) isnt as strong but still has many good songs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

~Rebel~ wrote:
    I dunno, im praying it'll be good, but have a feeling ill be disappointed. Had such massive expectations for "By the way", but was just so let down. I mean it was fine and everything, but it just wasn't the chili's i grew up loving. It sounded like it was from a different band to the one that made Mothers milk, BSSM, One Hot Minute (most underrated album ever IMO) and even Californication (the worst of those 4). Would be well happy if they returned to the days of old, but i cant see it happening. They seem to have moved on musically, which you gotta respect cause they're playing what they wanna hear, its just not what i wanna hear. Fingers crossed, but i won't have the same high expectations again. Hopefully will be pleasently surprised.
    Sorry to burst your pessimistic bubble, rebel, but im gonna blow you a knew one. flea said in an interview with rolling stone magazine that stadium arcadium is returning to the old days of blood sugar and all that, and that it is the best stuff they have ever done IHO.

..yeah, think ill stick with my original sentiments now that i've heard album. Massively disappointed. old days of blood sugar sex magic my ass. Ah well, at least ill always have the old days...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

doesnt live up to the hype. Ive had for a while and still havent got round to getting to know the album as a unit. Its very samey, you cant deny it, but has some cracking tracks. For me it could have been one very good album.

John F turn your distortion up to 11 man. the kids wanna rock!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

turgid and bloated imo. the only good song off it is dani california.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Wow, I am very surprised by all the reviews.

I have been a Chilis fan for a very long time and it is a very close second to Californication in best album stakes.

I think we are all agreed that By the Way wasn't great.

Anyways, I really am enjoying Stadium Arcadium, its a nice mature sounding record from the band with some brillaint ballads.

Only issue I have with the record is what they could posibbly play live off it, its definitely not as high energy as there previous records!

But they are definitely not passed it!

Charlie, Storm in a Teacup, Tell me baby, Stadium Arcadium, Humpe De Bump (maybe not cos of trumpet) 21st Century and C'mon Girl, just off the top of my head. :)

But I suppose it's personally speaking. If I were them, thats what I'd play live, :D

I heard them play Charlie live and I thouht they pulled it off very well. Flea "sings" the backing vocals in the verse. Sounds cool.

Oh, and I though By the Way was very good. But thats just my view. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

another one they will play live is ready made, since i have heard a live version of it, and also snow and 21st century i've seen but yeah, definitely storm in a teacup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

Anyone hear any influences of jimi hendrix experience in the album, expecially on there new song?

Advertisement