Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCP new album

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Anyone hear any influences of jimi hendrix experience in the album, expecially on there new song?

I hear tom petty in the new song.....http://rhripoff.ytmnd.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Beekay wrote:
    I hear tom petty in the new song.....http://rhripoff.ytmnd.com/

Ouch, felt that!

I hear Neil Young influence on Desecration Smile....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I thought I was the only one. :)

I hear especially when he pronounces the letter 'r'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

After a more reasonable time to digest it I think its a very good album but too many fillers. Some cracking songs and some lovely guitar work. Its not what I hoped for though, I really wanted to hear a return to a harder funk vibe.
    Loving Slow Cheetah at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

dani california is a good song n i have the album but i havent listened to all of it... so far i think its a case of quantity over quality...californication is my favourite album without a doubt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

TheGooner wrote:
    I have been a Chilis fan for a very long time and it is a very close second to Californication in best album stakes.

Really? You've been a long term fan and their your two favourites? Personally i dont even think of new chili's and old chili's as the same band anymore. Totally different styles, I loved the old chili's, not a big fan of the new chili's one bit though. They're just like another snow patrol or something.
    My ranking would be;
    Joint 1st Blood Suger/One Hot Minute,
    3rd Mothers Milk,
    4th Californication
    5th Freaky Styley/Uplifting mofo party plan
    6th rest..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Joint 1st Blood Suger/One Hot Minute,

One Hot Minute....Definately their most underated album. Some moany cool songs....funky basslines....loverly lyrics. However, although Navarro made some great riffs, it seemed he could never keep his foot off the wah pedal for most of his solos.

Anyway, Back on topic. :)

My band hand I have decided to cover four songs of Stadium Arcadium for our covers repetoir.

Charlie (my choice :))
    Stadium Arcadium
    Snow
    Tell me baby.

Can't wait to play them at the local, its always full of chili peppers fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Album of the year, fantastic, haven't stopped listening to it since release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Most of the album is great, but the problem is, there's no standout, instant classic song on it, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

One Hot Minute....Definately their most underated album. Some moany cool songs....funky basslines....loverly lyrics. However, although Navarro made some great riffs, it seemed he could never keep his foot off the wah pedal for most of his solos.

Navarro does have a tendancy to get carried away all right. When you listen to his acoustic stuff, or his more constrained playing, he's beautiful but he needs a bit of controlling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement