Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod repair

Options
  • 22-11-2005 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any clues where does iPod repairs in Cork? D'ol doll dropped hers, or i stepped on it or something, and the screen is all blacked out now.

And anyone know prices for such???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

You could try Stream Solutions (http://www.streamsolutions.ie/).
    I don't know if they repair ipods - they are an aasp though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Thought that you had to send them back to Apple myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If it's in warranty then Apple will take it away and give you another one.

Outside warranty, then I'm not sure. I'd imagine that contacting Apple would still be a good starting point.

dudara wrote:
    If it's in warranty then Apple will take it away and give you another one.

I had to send my shuffle back under warranty last week.

Apple will send out a new unit, plus a labelled UPS parcel so you can return the faulty one. You have to give credit card details first though,
    and agree to pay if it's not a warranty issue, or if you don't send the faulty one back. I'm waiting to see if I get charged or not - as far as I know they can invoice within the next couple of weeks.

It doesn't sound like this is a warranty issue though, so I'd go with an AASP first. Apple may well put you in touch with them anyway. (they did for my iBook)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Scudge

dont know if this is any good to you know but cartrige word on castle street do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭CathalMc

As an aside, does anyone know if the warranty is updated once you get the ipod replaced? I'm under the impression that it does, so whenever you get your ipod replaced you get another 12 months from that date...

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

^^ Not sure about the warranty extended, but when I first got mine there was a 14 day return policy on it. It turned out the battery was faulty so I brought it back and they gave me a new one, no questions asked. The 14 day return policy was also renewed so maybe its the same story with the warranty...

no - the warranty on the replacement is 90 days or until the end of the original warranty, whichever is longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Scenic911

If looking for batteries for ipod Maplins have started stocking them. I recommend this route if your iPod is out of warranty. Otherwise contact apple to have it repaired.

Later,

Scenic

Advertisement