Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Scarves

• 22-11-2005 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

What is it with people wearing UCD scarves the last while?

Back when I started in UCD (many moons ago) no one wore the scarf. Now this year lots of people have them. Did they give them out free to first years this year or have they just become fashionable again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 thecheekofyou

Does everyone wear the same one or are they different? The tassles are tacky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I dunno, but they're pretty laaaaammmmeee :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Not 100% sure. I know previously each faculty had a slightly different scarf but with the main UCD colours of navy, St Patricks blue and gold.

Maybe there is just one scarf now that the faculties no longer exist

They're the new dubes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

They gave them out free to first years. Personally I think it's all part of Brady's plan to turn us into the Ameeeeeeeeerican University ; before we know it we'll all be walking around wearing college colours, discussing our GPA's and swooning over the guys on the track team..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Alkers

They were given to all first years who attended the lunch in O'Reilly Hall. I'll sell you mine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

all 1st years got em free...and its cold now. Therefore free scarf + cold = slightly warmer.

No thanks, think I've gotten this far without one I can survive a few more months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

I dont get it either, thought it was gay week for ages. Nothing wrong with a bit of university unity all the same, for such a big university I suppose division and seperation amongst the facultiews is normal hmm think of this scarf as a common bond... as a tie that unites all of us as brothers and sisters* wherever in Belfield we may be.

*except for people you've scored, theyre not your brothers and sisters, no.

Do they all have those tassles? Cringe...

• Advertisement

Simona1986 wrote:
    They were given to all first years who attended the lunch in O'Reilly Hall

Go back a bit there... what??! I want luch in o'reilly hall i bet it beats resaurant's minging trash on an unwashed plate

Thecheeckofyou Im not feeling any love between you and the tassles

I would venture that a college scarf, almost by definition, should not have tassles. Take Trinity scarves as an example. Do the scarves for sale have tassles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I would venture that a college scarf, almost by definition, should not have tassles. Take Trinity scarves as an example. Do the scarves for sale have tassles?
    No, our scarves in trinity have no tassles, but they're still only worn by ponces and gimps.

Vainglory wrote:
    They gave them out free to first years.

Cheers Jane

Hmm yea but scarves in general are for ponces and gimps though I mean you wouldn't see Ronon O Gara or Keith Wood wearing a scarf it just wouldnt be cool well unless they were doing someything deadly like snowboarding or wrestling a bear. then it would be alright. Im with you on the tassles though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

My scarf cost €3 in dunnes and its about 6 foot long :D

well i have no probs in (eventually) wearing it. My only other scarf is my manu one and thats busy blocking the view of orrible pipes in me room ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I've got a b*itch of a cold at the moment so I've no qualms about wearing it since I couldn't be bothered buying a different one. I've got more important things on which to spend my money rather than replace my (fully functioning) free scarf.

spoken like the true student.

Just to be clear, I've nothing against the ucd scarf, in fact it looks good on some girls. I was just wondering about the sudden rush of people wearing one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

feckin ragin...
    i didnt go to the yolky-bob in o'reilly hall ....i wasnt informed there would be free scarves!!! all i heard was it was gonna be boring...
    I wanna UCD scarf [not willing to spend 7yoyos on it tho]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've got my toasty warm scarf... that was 50c in Penneys 3 years ago :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

irlrobins wrote:
    spoken like the true student.

Just to be clear, I've nothing against the ucd scarf, in fact it looks good on some girls. I was just wondering about the sudden rush of people wearing one.
    On some girls? I happen to believe I look rather fetching in mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

the numbers of people wearing them is increasing rapidly last week i saw a few with them and all of a sudden this week its like they have multiplied, here is a theory
    maybe they are alien's that have wrapped themselves around peoples necks and are gradually going to take over ucd.............or maybe its just so FCUKIN cold that people are whipping out the free scarves
    im going to go with the aliens tho:eek:

them is increasing rapidly last week
    There is no theory. It just got cold this week ffs! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

Different UCD scarves are 10 euro from the soccer club. I took great joy in distributing free UCD scarves which I had liberated from O'Reilly hall at their recent cup final.

Stick it to the man, I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

those scarves ar ghey

Waltons wrote:
    On some girls? I happen to believe I look rather fetching in mine!

yes but i've i said that, well i'd be gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Are you sure that commenting on a scarf makes you gay? Because I'm pretty sure there's a little more than that involved. :)

• Advertisement

true, but i'd still get some odd looks if I said to a guy "u look rather fetching in that scarf" me thinks. :p

Advertisement