Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do??

Options
  • 22-11-2005 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Im located in one of the many areas in Ireland that Broadband is not available but i hear that there is wireless connections available now and also sataliette connections are available! i really want to get broadband as dial up and isdn is rubbish! could any1 give me some advise on what to do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Depends on what your requirements are. If only for home use, I would lean towards the wireless. Simply because satellite home packages are normally just a one way system. You download via satellite, but need dial-up connection for upload. 2 way satellite can be very expensive. Have a look through the threads here. Have seen this topic mentioned before. If your set on satellite, I have heard positive comments about Sky DSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Where exactly are you based; perhaps members here could suggest some solutions
    thegills

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Im living in Ballacolla, Co. Laois. i dunno what to do! mainly it will be for downloading. what bout that wireless connection that is being advertised on the tv for 18.95 per month

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Im living in Ballacolla, Co. Laois.what bout that wireless connection that is being advertised on the tv for 18.95 per month

Thats Ripwave :( so its not Broadband and is not available in Laois anyway.

Have you heard of Digiweb (active in and round Portlaoise ) or maybe Clearwire or maybe Permanet who are close or even Premier Broadband near the Tipp border, see This Thread

Laois people seem to have options, choices even :D

Advertisement