Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Shops in Cork

Options
  • 22-11-2005 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

Right now I can think of

Sullys, on Cornmarket Street
    The one the North Main Street
    The one on main street, Ballincollig
    The one by the lough.

i think that I saw a newly opened pet shop recently, but i can't for the life of me remember where. has anyone else seen it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

There is one in Douglas Village shopping centre also.

The one at The Lough is a 'pet supplies store', rather than a 'pet shop'.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The one at the Lough just does fish, as well as supplies, IIRC.

i'm bashing my head against the wall trying to remember where I saw that new pet shop.

I'm looking for a pair of Russian dwarf hamsters, and Sully, who normally has them, doesn'y have any at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

There is another pet shop in Douglas Court shopping centre and also one out in Wilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

There's one on the main street in Midleton. That usually has hamsters and the like, but I don't know about russian dwarf hamsters.

There's also a pet shop on Maylor street, bus station end, but I think that might be fish only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

There is one in Glanmire!!
    ... Its in Hazelcourt... the shopping square!!.... Its called Jake's Petshop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

There's a new one on Barrack St. too! About half way up, on the junction with Fort St.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

there are two on the street down by the side of Roches Stores.. one on each side of the street.. they're not bad either for supplies etc.

There's a new one on Barrack St. too! About half way up, on the junction with Fort St.

That's the one I was thinking of! I rang them and they have dwarf hamsters. Say hello to my two new pets, Q-ball and Chestnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Welcome to boards' newest rodent associates. Although I admit I had to look up dwarf hamsters on Wikipedia to find out what exactly they were. :)

They're lovely, so they are. Q-ball is blonde so he really stands out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mr.Baracas

Brand new pet superstore in Carrigaline Ind estate

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

do you sullys was raided before christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

sorry guys that should be did you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I think there is one on Marlboro Street (or one of the other southmall>oliverplunkett link streets)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Doesn't the one in Ballincollig have it's own parrot that's not actually for sale that talks n' everything??

vector wrote:
    I think there is one on Marlboro Street (or one of the other southmall>oliverplunkett link streets)

That closed down a few months back. It's now a cráppy shoe shop.

Dizzy, I've seen that parrot, he's class

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tobytobe

Sorry for hijacking but did a search and this thread came up.
    Anyone know where I can get a fish shaped stress ball...it's for my boss. Hope he gets the joke! He breeds fish you see.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

lads, which is the best pet shop for fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

This thread is over 4 years old!

Regardless, the advice in the first post still applies. Sullys have a fairly good selection of fish and there is a more speciailist fish shop next to Smyths on Maylor street (Expensive though iirc). There's also the one next to the lough and the one on North main street (Just called Pet Shop I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sorry I know tis old but I dont know how ye shop in Sullys..i used to have great respect for them until I called into the shop down on the coal quay and saw the condition he was keeping the birds in..so so cruel I remember seeing a macaw in a cage that he barely had enough room to turn his tail even touched the base of the cage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 *Sparkles*

I found a place called Petstop near Smyths on the Kinsale road roundabout. The staff are friendly and helpful and the animals are kept well to and it doesnt smell like something died in there:D
    Less said about Sullies the better.

Oh I just thought It was so so sad...

I forgot to answer the original question...

I brought some fish recently too I got 2 from the chap in Ballincollig they are really nice down there and not overpriced (they are just goldfish now, he has some tropical too I think) and loverly bearded dragons..
    And I got one from the fella on Maylor street who is really friendly too had a great selection.. Patrick, Bob and Dave rock

There used to be a great one on the way into midleton had a fab selection Fins and Things I think it was called I am not sure if it is still open though, think it may be closed

*Sparkles* wrote: »
    I found a place called Petstop near Smyths on the Kinsale road roundabout. The staff are friendly and helpful and the animals are kept well to and it doesnt smell like something died in there:D
    Less said about Sullies the better.

i'm a bit miffed at that place, my five year old wanted a gold fish from santa, they sold the wife a 11ltr starter tank and told her that three goldfish would be grand in it.....Now i know that i should of done some research myself before i thought how hard can looking after be? my five year old wanted a gold fish from santa. Two days after christmas depressed goldfish, google, oh my lord, poor little fish. Managed to get them a 60ltr tank which i know still isn't really big enough but little fish now much happier.

Oh that sounds like a huge tank for them, I have three chaps in well it is a medium sixed tank but it isnt huge altogether are they are great happy chappies...We had called up there to get a fish but they tried selling me everything massive tank, pump the whoel shambang i was like all i want is a fish that will do thanks..

Hope you five year old is enjoying the new happy happy fish

to be honest, we're getting more fun out of them :pac::pac:

Good good nothing worse than having a sad pet....They can be quiet amusing when they want to be even though they are fish..

You may know sorry for jumping now, but my fish bowl gets dirty quiet often. I changed their food to the flakes rather than those pellets that you get in the yellow box, but my sister was on about these other pellets you can get they are just small pellets I think you put in one or two every now and again and the fish nibble on them (she is in holland and she says they are plentyfull there) but I have never seen them here, have you ever heard of them

no just using flakes maybe twice a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cianryan10

sullys pet superstore in the north point business park

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭dunleakelleher

tinner777 wrote: »
    i'm a bit miffed at that place, my five year old wanted a gold fish from santa, they sold the wife a 11ltr starter tank and told her that three goldfish would be grand in it.....Now i know that i should of done some research myself before i thought how hard can looking after be? my five year old wanted a gold fish from santa. Two days after christmas depressed goldfish, google, oh my lord, poor little fish. Managed to get them a 60ltr tank which i know still isn't really big enough but little fish now much happier.

Wow that seems excise. But Google is God.

Na i found them very good. Very good with fresh water tropical fish anyway.

• Advertisement

Wow that seems excise. But Google is God.

Na i found them very good. Very good with fresh water tropical fish anyway.

in fairness, staff are really nice, was in there last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement