Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinead O'Connor's New Album With Sly & Robbie

Options
  • 22-11-2005 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭

I enjoyed this album it was certainly different but very enjoyable!! Anyone Agree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Haven't heard the album as of yet. I thought Sinead had resigned from the music biz?!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

Have only heard about half the album so can only base my opinion on those songs... And i have to say its pretty good, but i still prefer the original versions. A lot of the appeal of the orginal versions for me (apart from the fact that they are good songs) was the sound. This was as much to do with the poor facilities and budget as it was the original production. This sounds a lot cleaner and better quality by comparison (hardly surprising), and i think is the worse for it. I miss the rawness.

But the songs are still good, and Sineads singing is always welcome. I am glad she has come out of retirement... despite peoples opinions of her.

Now if only Enya (and her unicorn) went into retirement, we wouldnt have the upcoming pain of this new album...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

dalk wrote:
    Have only heard about half the album so can only base my opinion on those songs... And i have to say its pretty good, but i still prefer the original versions. A lot of the appeal of the orginal versions for me (apart from the fact that they are good songs) was the sound. This was as much to do with the poor facilities and budget as it was the original production. This sounds a lot cleaner and better quality by comparison (hardly surprising), and i think is the worse for it. I miss the rawness.

But the songs are still good, and Sineads singing is always welcome. I am glad she has come out of retirement... despite peoples opinions of her.

Now if only Enya (and her unicorn) went into retirement, we wouldnt have the upcoming pain of this new album...

Yes yes the sooner Enya goes away the better

Advertisement