Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porterhouse

• 22-11-2005 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone been into the porterhouse that used to be Judge Roy Beans? Any idea what the food is like, is it the same as the temple bar one?? Not based in town so can't go have a look!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

As far as I know, all of the Porterhouse bars have the same food menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

The burgers in Porterhouse North are FAN-TAS-TIC :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Never eaten there, but when I win the lotto I plan on doing a porterhouse tour where you start off in London for one in the morning, now that they have 24hour drinking shouldn't be a problem, get the train out to Stansted and fly over to Dublin, have one in Temple Bar, get lunch (a burger) in the old Judge Roy Beans and finally get the Dart down to the one in Bray and Bob's Your Mother's Sibling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Was only there on Thursday. Good food.Menu is the same as the others. I agree with Otron .. the burgers are great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

gaf1983 wrote:
    Never eaten there, but when I win the lotto I plan on doing a porterhouse tour where you start off in London for one in the morning, now that they have 24hour drinking shouldn't be a problem, get the train out to Stansted and fly over to Dublin, have one in Temple Bar, get lunch (a burger) in the old Judge Roy Beans and finally get the Dart down to the one in Bray and Bob's Your Mother's Sibling.

Any reason your leaving out the one in Glasnevin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

gaf1983 wrote:
    where you start off in London for one in the morning, now that they have 24hour drinking shouldn't be a problem, .
    The majority of pubs/clubs only put in applications for extended hours.
    Very few are open 24hrs, and I'd say only the bigger superpubs could see it viable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭i am a lady

GBX wrote:
    Was only there on Thursday. Good food.Menu is the same as the others. I agree with Otron .. the burgers are great!

are you sure the food is the same in all of them? i have eaten in the parliament st and the glasnevin one and thought they were different. the food in glasnevin was gorgeous.

Advertisement