Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty Question

• 22-11-2005 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

Basically, I bought a DVD. It broke within the year warranty. Brought it back, handed in my receipt.

After a week, they rang and said there was a new one here waiting for me to collect. Fine, I collected it, but they had lost my receipt.

"We'll send it out to you in the post.". :rolleyes: Still haven't received it.

My question is. Is there a new one year warranty on the replacement player? I was told there wasn't and that only the original one year warranty would be honoured.

They can't be serious? Is this common practice?

Thanks
    ambrose :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Basically, I bought a DVD. It broke within the year warranty. Brought it back, handed in my receipt.

After a week, they rang and said there was a new one here waiting for me to collect. Fine, I collected it, but they had lost my receipt.

"We'll send it out to you in the post.". :rolleyes: Still haven't received it.

My question is. Is there a new one year warranty on the replacement player? I was told there wasn't and that only the original one year warranty would be honoured.

They can't be serious? Is this common practice?

Thanks

Your warranty runs from when you bought the original player. Otherwise you could never have to buy a new player again as long as it kept "breaking" withing a year of each replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Stekelly,
    You're probably right, but I've bought plenty of electrical items from the likes of PowerCity. Always got the full warranty with a replacement. (but not if its a repair).

ambrose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

yeah your warranty does run from when you bought your original DVD player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Ok. thanks for the responses.

Advertisement