Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any sign of a New Damien Rice Album?

• 22-11-2005 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭

its been a while since O was released. I wonder is there another album in the works?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

There is afaik. He was delayed recording it when O took off in the states, should be back on it now. He played a few new tracks when I saw him at The Point for The Frames a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Good stuff, i cant wait to here it when it eventually comes out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Beastieboy

on damienrice.co.uk in the music section (free downloads) some of the downloads are no longer available as they are most likely going to contrbute to the new album which is currently being recorded...

I read in Q magazine that the song "cross-eyed bear" (Help:A Day In The Life) is a taste of new material and the direction he is going for the second album. This song was recorded while he was with Juniper under a different name ("Jewelry box") so it's not new. I'm really looking forward to hearing the new album when it is released...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Closing Doors

Well the original planned release date was December 2002 so what does that tell you? :D

There's been several recording sessions for it and I believe it was finished off in August/September of this year. I'd imagine it'll be released 1/2/2006, 4 years to the day after the release of O. He's said he'd like to do something like that. I'd say Blowers Daughter 2 is a certainty and a studio version of the Professor would be nice, and I'm hoping for Accidental Babies too! :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

heard somewhere that he's back recording some mor eat the moment so next summer/ autumn at a guess

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Damien Rice popped into our school the other week for some art thingie... would have asked him when the new album was out but id wager the teachers would have gone ape**** if anyone tried to say anything to him...
    Well, at least we're guaranteed the chaps still alive ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭ergo

he was interviewed on Pet sounds there sometime during the summer or maybe it was before that

anyway, then he was talking about a release around Feb 2006, dunno if anything's changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Its certainly about time he releases something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

He's been recording bits for the last three years. I tried to get him for TCD's radio station when I was in first year and I was told that he was away somewhere foreign recording for all of November 2002.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Ha! Ha ha! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!

Don't hold your breath. Damo has made it 190% clear that he'll release his next album when he's good and ready, and only then! And at this stage that could be anytime in the next ten years, honestly....

You may as well wait with baited breath for Sadam to be made US president as wait for Damo's new album...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

i'm kinda surprised that i'm the first person to say this, but why should anyone give a crap? i hope the irritating whingebag falls into some god-forsaken hole and stays there...

^^ Talking about yourself in the third person is sooo sad. Zing :p:D

odhran wrote:
    i'm kinda surprised that i'm the first person to say this, but why should anyone give a crap? i hope the irritating whingebag falls into some god-forsaken hole and stays there...

Because that's your opinion and not everyone subscribes to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

odhran wrote:

probably because people who are not interested in damien will not open this thread. its only people with no time on their hands who open a thread that they have no interest and and reply which such inane comments.

theres always one tool.

i'm sorry, i'm the tool? i thought people who insulted strangers on the internet because they feel small and worthless in their meaningless, little lives were the sad ones.....

odhran wrote:
    i'm sorry, i'm the tool? i thought people who insulted strangers on the internet because they feel small and worthless in their meaningless, little lives were the sad ones.....

You mean people like you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

heh....why do all Damien Rice threads turn into this.....I love his stuff. Don't care what anyone else thinks. I have some bootlegs with a good few unreleased tracks which sound fairly good. Can't wait to hear them recorded properly. I also heard that the new album will be released around Feb 06ish. But who knows. I went to see him in March 02 and he promised it would be out by new year 2003 so we will all have to be patient and just wait and see I guess!

odhran wrote:

Says he who came on and started talking ****e about Mr Rice? Oh the irony...

why is all the hostility directed towards me? i'm not the first person to criticise "mr. rice", and i'm fairly certain that i won't be the last. i read this thread in the first place to see if any other people shared my opinion- surely the point of a web forum, afterall, is to find with other like-minded souls. as for why damien rice thread descend into petty arguments, i think it's probably due to the divisive nature of his music. i'm sorry for causing any tension in the thread (read the last as: i noticed the massive irony in my previous post and am now feeling rather embarrassed).

odhran wrote:
    why is all the hostility directed towards me? i'm not the first person to criticise "mr. rice", and i'm fairly certain that i won't be the last.

You were the first person who offered up an insult of any kind on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭SpittingImage

he's the laziest fella ever, does he not owe his fans a new album?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Nice enough guy, and I liked the one song, but will these guys rice, gray etc, they all sound a bit samey when you've heard them for the nth time on the radio. Starts to become elevator music after a while. Maybe he'll surprise us all and release an album thats very different from the first. Ramstein covers or something. I think its a trap many Irish artists fall into. They find a sound then don't really change the forumla. I guess its no different from AC/DC and such, but its a bit boring.

he's the laziest fella ever, does he not owe his fans a new album?

How does he "owe" anybody an album exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭SpittingImage

How does he "owe" anybody an album exactly?
    Fans buy album, make him rich and famous, do they not deserve more?

Fans buy album, make him rich and famous, do they not deserve more?

Fans pay for album...receive said album. Fans pay for concert tickets...get to see the concert. Regardless of who we're talking about, the musician has "held up" his part of the bargain.

Yes, I'd love more new material, but I don't feel as if I deserve it as such...

You were the first person who offered up an insult of any kind on this thread.
    i went on a bit of a diatribe regarding damien, but i didn't insult anyone on the forum until they insulted me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

odhran wrote:
    i went on a bit of a diatribe regarding damien, but i didn't insult anyone on the forum until they insulted me.

Why is this arguement still going on. The OP just asked if there's going to be a new album. Not What do you think of him.

Anywho as it's been said there will be a new album.....eventually. No one really knows when.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Get back on topic. If you don't like Damien Rice why post in this thread?

that part of the argument is over and done with. to clarify, i checked this thread to see if anyone shared my opinions on damien rice.

• Advertisement

No you posted in this thread to try and piss people off...

Back on topic: Apparently Damien has signed a distribution deal with Warner Bros for 5 albums. I think they distributed O in Europe anyway, while Vector did it in America.

long live his own label in ireland! keep the prices down!

I don't really care about hte prices. But I really can't see him realeasing 5 albums (Don't get me wrong that would be brill). He'd be dead before he could release them all.

Unless of course all this time he was creating 5 albums instead of 1 hence the reason it's taking so long. Hmm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭micromegas

odhran wrote:

bitter, table for one.

Niall123 wrote:
    I don't really care about hte prices. But I really can't see him realeasing 5 albums (Don't get me wrong that would be brill). He'd be dead before he could release them all.

Unless of course all this time he was creating 5 albums instead of 1 hence the reason it's taking so long. Hmm?

lmao!

what I meant to say about keeping the prices down is at least that money will go to him and not go to some record company who will use the money to pay for marketing ****e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 I_M_Orphan

Nice enough guy

i wouldn't go sayin that unless you kno him cause my mate works in musician and jurin the big cannonball epidemic me and a few other friends were lovin his music, so he was in the store and my friend said by the way my friends are big fans and his response wasn't a hummble thank you just a ''yeah so'', not sayin hate the guy just thought that was bent.i guess the moral of the story is don't compliment him, and please dont start a fight with me over this.i still love the music :D

And on another note he said 'until o sells out hes not startin another album'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

As regards the original question: certainly hope not.

Crap music, tbh

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

As regards the original question: certainly hope not.

Crap music, tbh

Ok you don't like his music, and who the **** cares whither you 'hope' he doesn't release a new album. If you don't know anything regarding a new album- don't relpy, and keep your unwanted opinion to your self

F U C K right off back from whence you came from you annoying little person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

Whoa whoa whoa Mr Goat.

I won't be going anywhere. Calm down tho, seriously. No need to get one's knickers in a twist over this.

I_M_Orphan wrote:
    Nice enough guy

i wouldn't go sayin that unless you kno him cause my mate works in musician and jurin the big cannonball epidemic me and a few other friends were lovin his music, so he was in the store and my friend said by the way my friends are big fans and his response wasn't a hummble thank you just a ''yeah so'', not sayin hate the guy just thought that was bent.i guess the moral of the story is don't compliment him, and please dont start a fight with me over this.i still love the music :D

And on another note he said 'until o sells out hes not startin another album'.

must have caught him on a bad day...although I hear he has many of those...but when I met he was really sound...on both occassions actually...

• Advertisement
Advertisement