Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive Hike in Disconnect / Reconnect charges 12 Dec

Options
  • 22-11-2005 4:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Connect charge goes to €50 from €25 if line exists but it appears that the reconnect charge is gone. Its only available if your 'location never availed of service' . Otherwise its full whack €122 even if you have soft dialtone.

If you rent a flat and get the line hooked up again to get BB , and then fail , this is the cost stack.

€122 connection charge + 2 months rental (allowing for the line check period) €48 + Disconnect charge after you fail €50 ...yes thats gone up too = €220 for nothing. .

Thanks for nothing lads. .

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I really don't understand Eircom, in the last 12 months the number of people renting a landline has decreased by 13% and now they are trying to make it harder for people to sign up :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They will have plenty of 'promotions' for €0 connection but you would be amazed at the number of people who get incorrectly billed for these free promotions considering that the whole thing is computerised nowadays :p

The killer here is the definition of in situ (now pre cabled) , I doubt if Comreg will be any help either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

bk wrote:
    I really don't understand Eircom, in the last 12 months the number of people renting a landline has decreased by 13% and now they are trying to make it harder for people to sign up :confused:
    We need many more of those sort of drops :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

I got the line in during the free connection offer. Can't see the sense in running a promotion for free connection,(presumably to attract more customers), and then increasing the fee by such a large amount as soon as the promotion is finished. Maybe they have copped on that fewer people connecting means fewer complaints about crappy service !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

They don't care. Its as simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

well the free connection promotion (if the line is there ) is back on from mid Jan to end March ...and for most of the rest of 2006 probably .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 DialUpMeArse

Don't know if this makes any odds fellas, but if you transfer your business dealings vis a vis telephone services to a different supplier, i.e. from Eircom to BT, and Eircom threaten to pull the plug on you cos you refuse to pay for a connection fee you shouldn't have been charged with anyways, where does that leave you standing.

Surely, if the decision to bill you was wrong to begin with, BT will not stand idly by as they lose business in the event that Eircon cut you off.

Happy New Year all/

TK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Surely, if the decision to bill you was wrong to begin with, BT will not stand idly by as they lose business in the event that Eircon cut you off.
    Don't count on BT fighting your corner.
    Most likely Eircom will block any transfer until any outstanding debt is paid or settled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 DialUpMeArse

Yes, but surely if BT see that they are losing €39 per month that they may decide to do something about it? Maybe not, as you opine, plenty more fish in the sea, after all.

It would be rich if Eircon disconnected me, then agreed that they had mistakenly billed me, only to subsequently attempt to reconnect me, at a fee, now that their offer had discontinued.

Are BT in competition, or are they happy to make a few quid on the side, or what?

Advertisement