Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get an account with higher than 3% interest ?

Options
  • 22-11-2005 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

I dont want to make any investments or anything just move my moeny into a long term account to earn some interest till I need it in a few years and ad some money to it every now and then. Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Most institutions now do something similar to the SSIA. Deposit money, add to it if you want, and after minimum term (usually 3/5/7 years) you withdraw and get slightly higher rates than 3%.

I think EBS have something called SureCertificates. Kind of a risk free growth account thingy??

I reckon you're not going to get anything much higher anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

inflation rates are 3% so the real return if bank is giving you 3% is a big fat 0%!!!! buy into a low risk mutual fund or start a low risk business or loan the money to someone who is looking for a business loan and has significant collateral or if you have significant taxable income buy an asset allowing capital allowances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

sorry thought you were looking for investment alternative to putting your money in bank,didnt read your post properly

Advertisement