Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noise on the line

• 22-11-2005 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

How can I tell if their is too much noise on my line ?

I threw up net stumbler and its says -100 in the noise colomn, is that too much or average ?

Anyone know of a test I can preform to test for noise / Line quality ?

Also is their a way to reduce noise on a line ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

oO

define "line" please..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Sorry I should have been more clear

I was told recently that the spikes I was getting on my Wireless network could be related to interferance from my telephone line and that I should install "filters" to stop it.

This is all quite new to me, so thats why I was looking to test it to see if it was a problem.

My actual main problem is that my connection drops from 54 - 1 Mp and back up like a rollercoaster all day (This also varies from day to day, some days fine, nest day bad etc). The house gets alot of phone calls so I thought that this could make sense / have an effect.

Hope this explains it better ( I have already updated all firmware/ drivers etc on router and NIC )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Turn off power saving modes on the router and NIC (Set them to CAM instead..) and test.

Is it a cordless (DECT) phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

The phone isnt cordless.

On the power save features I have checked though all the settings on the router and I cant find any that refer to power saving or CAM on the adapter I found something called power consumption which is set to "Enable Max"

Can I try anything else ?

Advertisement