Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

File save limitation in Internet Explorer 6

• 22-11-2005 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

We have a system that opens output in html format in Explorer. The user can see from the file size properties that the file is 106MB - no kidding it is output from an oracle database.

When he tries to save in either txt or html the machines bombs out at around 40MB saved. I have upped his temp directory to 3000MB so that isn't the problem.

Does Internet Explorer 6 have a file save limitation? I have spent the last hour on the net trying to find it.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

check the cache settings in IE in case the size is set to 40GB and empty it too to be on the safe side

TBA just get a download accelerator instead

www.netleech.com integrates into IE so can intercept the download and allows resuming from a partial download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

Cleared the cache and tried again.

Just to clarify, he doesn't download the file as such, you query the oracle database and the output is a html document which opens by default in Explorer. I can find the file on the server and it shows 110MB. Open it in Explorer and it looks fine but try to save it and it bombs out at around 40MB.

In any event thanks, I'll try and install a differnet browser to see if that helps.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if the file is on the server could you try opening a copy of it or is a live report ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Is the webserver connection timeout kicking in?

Advertisement