Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfect Dark Zero

Options
  • 22-11-2005 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

Well, the reviews and ratings are finally trickling out:

Gamespot:
    TeamXbox:
    TalkXbox:

Is good then. Looks like a real solid game and an apt launch title for those getting a 360.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Joy of joys. It was the only game I was thinking about getting with my 360..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Laguna wrote:
    Joy of joys. It was the only game I was thinking about getting with my 360..
    Sounds good but the 360's lineup is hanging on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

yes but is it worth 70 yo-yos

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Wicknight wrote:
    yes but is it worth 70 yo-yos
    nope but it might be worth sixty. Or €58.28 according to www.xe.com/ucc when converting 39.99 sterling.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000A1OUA/qid=1132702648/sr=8-3/ref=pd_ka_3/026-0467739-2835666

Its marked as sold out on play.com but will prob be back in stock soon. There's a special edition tin version for 44.99 sterling which equals 65.56 according to xe.com - proving you should always pay the sterling price on play as they mark the euro price in excess of 71 euro.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sr&page=title&r=X360&title=848346

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

anybody else selling it cheepy?

• Advertisement

this looks so familiar to play.com (even based in jersey too - must be the same company trading under a different name) but they have it available for preorder at 39.99 sterling and with free delivery to UK and Europe.

http://www.blahdvd.com/blah/Games_Product.aspx?productid=GAMES-MSX05370-WA&Platform=XBox360&StuffSection=

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

ever used them before?

nope. i always use play.com - but they must have the same parent company - two dvd outlets offering similar offers both based in jersey with extremely similar websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Only 8.4 on IGN. A high score nevertheless but a bit low for a game billed as 360's 'killer-app'. It seems to have lost alot of marks on its general presentation and storyline though, factors which won't bother alot of gamers.

Call of Duty 2, PGR 3 and Condemned: Criminal Rights all got higher scores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

project gothem 3 seems to be the launch title to get

• Advertisement

Call of Duty 2 I'd say. If its anything like the first game, it should be a cracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Call of Duty 2 is the last game I'd be getting. Of all the launch titles(apart from the crappy EA ones) it's the only one that's better on another format.

PGR 3 would be the highlight for me, but then I've always loved driving games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

steviec wrote:
    Call of Duty 2 is the last game I'd be getting. Of all the launch titles(apart from the crappy EA ones) it's the only one that's better on another format.

agreed

Depends though if you like PC gaming. I'm not a fan myself so I'd go for Call of Duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

I can't wait for perfect dark zero.People say its like playing goldeneye for the first time it has gotta be good.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

but most reviews are also saying it hasnt added anything new since goldeneye...
    still it will probably b the game ill pick up with my shiney new 360 next friday :)
    i preordered it back in july
    already have cod2 for the PC very nice game :) but it is basicly cod1 wit much better graphics and effects so if u didnt like the heavy scripted action of the first avoid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

What was better back in the day: Goldeneye or Perfect Dark?

Is it only coming out on the X360? I haven't been keeping too up to date lately with the gaming news.

i prefered goldeneye but im sure alot with say perfect dark (pefect dark had better multiplayer if i remember correct...)
    and yeah it is only come out on the 360 as ms own rare the guys making it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Daddio wrote:
    What was better back in the day: Goldeneye or Perfect Dark?

Is it only coming out on the X360? I haven't been keeping too up to date lately with the gaming news.

Goldeneye was great because it was so fresh. Perfect Dark added loads though. Blood, being able to carry two guns. Intelligent A.I and a fan-fekkintastic multyplayer mode.

i thought u cud carry two guns in goldeneye too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Perect Dark made my pants tight. And not because of Joanna...

... Damn sexy alien!

Some of the more independant reviewers haven't been bowled over by it. C.A.D. for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Goldeneye laid the groudwork for PD, but PD improved the game alot. Those hoverbikes! I just drove them around the crash site level for hours. I guess it's a question of nostalgia. Is PD going to come out on the GC? I'm a bored owner of the cube at the mo, wouldn't mind an FPS to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Goldeneye was by far the better game. Perfect Dark threw in more of everything, despite the fact that much of Goldeneye's charm was how streamlined and straightforward it was, especially with regard to multiplayer.

Perfect Dark introduced far, far too much to the formula, losing the pick-up-and-playability, not to mention the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I always preferred Goldeneye to PD, but my friends always forced me to play PD. Their loss, I always owned them with the Farsight :p

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sr&page=title&r=X360&title=667155

its in stock again and use this with it to get it for 34.99 sterling - the code goes in on the right hand side before you confirm your order.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054856656&page=1&pp=40

yes folks a 360 game for 52 euro - hurry up tho - dunno how long that voucher lasts...1 voucher per account only.

Advertisement