Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyrrelstown DSL Exchange - Dead in the water till January 2006

• 22-11-2005 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I posted some time ago about the problems many were having with the exchange in Tyrrelstown (D15). After 30 odd phone calls (from my household alone) and 7 weeks of virtually unusable service (documented on Community Forum: http://www.mytyrrelstown.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2112), we have now got confirmation from Eircom that it is exactly the problem we having being trying to convince them of for so long:

The exchange is massively over-contended.

This effects all carriers (ie BT, Eircom etc) operating on the exchange. To add insult to injury, they now admit the problem after denying it was possible and to rectify it they have brought planned upgrades from March 2006 to January 2006. They said it "wont be the start of January". So, for the next 2 months or so we are expected to continue "putting up" with the lack of service after already dealing with it for 2 months. Personally my phone is only used for DSL and amounts to about €280 per bill (Eircom 3Mb). For 4mths in total, this is a total joke and cant believe they could sit there and tell us as if its acceptable.

We have told them (of course) that we and likely others will be completely cancelling our service as this "solution" is totally unacceptable.. that prompted them to "look into it more" and they will get back to us at some point. I already mailed ComReg a week ago and got no reply.. is there any other way of getting public or media attention and hopefully pressure on this?

Matt

Advertisement