Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girlfriend issues

• 22-11-2005 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey everyone! Recently i have been very down, im in ucd and am in a class that consists mainly of girls, beautiful girls. I just cant concentrate in the lectures as i keep starin at them. THen after the lecture finishes i have to hobble out of the lecture hall. This is highly embarrasing:mad:

Anyways the problem is that i fancy loads of them but they always see me as a friend. I just dont know why it is so difficult to make the transition from friend to boyfriend.

i've read the books '21 and never had a girlfriend?' and 'get the animal magnatism' numeorus times but nothing works.

When im not hobbling out of lecture theatres:mad: im always thinking how pathetic i really am?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you could try masturbating before you go into a lecture?

unfortunately you will probably go through life looking at beautiful people. just be happy that you have them in your lecture hall.

i did physics in university. the totty count was zero... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Sit at the front so you don't have to look at them, and btw 99% of the time no one notices if you have an erection and unless you're wearing really tight jeans or something it's fairly easy to hide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

or during

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

ankleboy wrote:
    Anyways the problem is that i fancy loads of them but they always see me as a friend. I just dont know why it is so difficult to make the transition from friend to boyfriend.

OK. Harsh reality -

You're either not good looking or you're too nice.

If you're not good looking, you can do a few things to change this -

Nice clothes
    Cool haircut
    Good skin
    CONFIDENCE!

I'm a normal enough looking bloke, but I get girls easily. I blame this entirely on the confidence I have coming out of my ass.

The "too nice" thing: I had this problem in my teens. I decided to become more selfish. I'm now actually a nice bastard, if that makes any sense. Women like it (sad, I know.)

How do you build confidence? It takes time. I believe I got it from hanging around with confident people, and believing in myself.

Of course, you could always stay the way you are, and a nice girl will eventually come along. But I don't think that's what you want.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

is this your first year?

when I went to college there was one girl in our class of a group of 30 lads. She's still single as far as I know 14yrs later.

ALthough a lot of us had a jump on her.

Eventually one or 2 of them will stand out more than the rest, but best keep it out of the class room...it'll just get messy...

sit at the front and out of direct sunlight and away from the rads is the advice I can give ya unless your lecturer is a hot momma too........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

i did physics in university. the totty count was zero... :(

Funny how chicks dont go for physics...my advice is try and get a group of them out with you for a few drinks and see what happens...

I did journalism and it was great...lots of lovely totty to divert your attentions from lectures, exams, etc.

Oh to be back at uni...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

The first bit of advice i'd offer you is to stop staring at the girls...It makes you look desperate.

If they've noticed you doing this you've little or no chance with them in the future.

You've said that a lot of them just see you as a friend, and this can be a tricky one to get out of.

Don't be playing Mr nice with them all the time, gently take the piss out of them and have a laugh.Mr caring, considerate and sensitive, does not win the race.

Dublin dudes advice is rock solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

yea dont be starin at them during class, try to go to socail events, college nights out and introduce yourself to a few people, if they dont know you, make a few friends first!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dax Wax

(

???

Dax Wax wrote:
    ???

hey, im serious. i used to knock one out before going on a date 'something about mary style' to stop from thinking too much about sex.

it works.

although, if you have 8 lectures a day, 5 days a week......:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

ankleboy wrote:
    Hey everyone! Recently i have been very down, im in ucd and am in a class that consists mainly of girls, beautiful girls.

Yeah your life sounds like hell ... are the diamonds on your feet making hard to walk too ...:rolleyes:

My advice would be to stop reading stupid books and stop trying to bang one of them... they can probably tell you are obsessing over them. Be less interested in them, act like you got a life outside of sitting in a lecture with a woody thinking about them. In fact get a life outside of them. Next time they all go for lunch say "Sorry, meeting some of the lads for lunch" or some such bulls**t

Resign yourself to the fact you probably won't ever get to bang one of them and you will be happier. You may even get to bang one of them when you don't expect it ... but think about doing it so you will get to bang them ... because then you won't ... questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

ankleboy wrote:
    Hey everyone! Recently i have been very down, im in ucd and am in a class that consists mainly of girls, beautiful girls. I just cant concentrate in the lectures as i keep starin at them. THen after the lecture finishes i have to hobble out of the lecture hall. This is highly embarrasing:mad:

i've read the books '21 and never had a girlfriend?' and 'get the animal magnatism' numeorus times but nothing works.

When im not hobbling out of lecture theatres:mad: im always thinking how pathetic i really am?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:confused::confused::confused:

Make casual conversation with the girls, try and find out what their hobbies are etc, build it from there. Exress an interest.
    If your're good at some subjects perhaps you could offer to help some of them out with the class work? Are you doing any group projects?? I found doing group projects gave me a chance to really get to know people. Are you having class parties, if so offer to buy drinks etc.
    I don't believe being a smart ass overconfident git is the way to go about it, as some people have said. It is such a turnoff. Its all an act and isn't the real you. Just be yourself. And stop thinking you're pathetic, you're not. You're just as good as anyone else.

Madge wrote:
    I don't believe being a smart ass overconfident git is the way to go about it, as some people have said. It is such a turnoff.

I don't think anyone actually suggested that :)

dublindude wrote:
    I don't think anyone actually suggested that :)

I quote you: "I blame this entirely on the confidence I have coming out of my ass." :rolleyes:

Madge wrote:
    "I blame this entirely on the confidence I have coming out of my ass." :rolleyes:

What's wrong with being confident?

You really think it's a bad thing? :confused:

dublindude wrote:
    What's wrong with being confident?

You really think it's a bad thing? :confused:

No, but some guys are too confident. To the point of being smarmy know-it-all gits. And I think its a bit fake.

Madge wrote:
    No, but some guys are too confident. To the point of being smarmy know-it-all gits. And I think its a bit fake.

I don't class confident people and smarmy know-it-all gits in the same category...

dublindude wrote:
    I don't class confident people and smarmy know-it-all gits in the same category...

perhaps the OP is seen as arrogant if he is just confident?

although he doesnt seem confident from his post. anyway OP, i found that going to the bar and getting people drunk was a good way to score when youre in university. its why everyone else is there tbh.

theres a nother thread ehre somewhere about how to chat up women, perhaps you could dive into that and see what happens?

Advertisement