Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

leveling...

• 22-11-2005 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

as i'm a level 19 hunter,,, ican do pretty well solo... i was reading on another board that people can level from lvl 1 to 52 in 8 days!

when you are leveling, do you quest or just run around killing everything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

when i'm levelling i tend to make back money i've borrowed as quick as possible so i can get off people's ignore lists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

This question is pretty well covered in this thread here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=320346

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

DRakE wrote:
    when i'm levelling i tend to make back money i've borrowed as quick as possible so i can get off people's ignore lists.

Seeing that you're a moderator, you would think you could be more discreet about this kind of thing. You will get your money when i log on later. And you will then be going on my ignore list.

Child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭yawn

lol drake

lmao :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Seeing that you're a moderator, you would think you could be more discreet about this kind of thing. You will get your money when i log on later. And you will then be going on my ignore list.

Child.
    Yes, thats all very well and good, but you must take not what forum hes a mod of (CS for those who missed it).

You can lvl to 20 in less than 24 hours, not sure about the 8 day thing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Yes, thats all very well and good, but you must take not what forum hes a mod of (CS for those who missed it).

You can lvl to 20 in less than 24 hours, not sure about the 8 day thing though.

Also, he's an asshole ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

That 8 days is 8 days /played - i.e. time spent in-game not real-time. A really hardcore grinder can get to 60 in 8 days played. Someone who quests efficiently can usually do it in 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

yea i got my warlock to 60 in 14 days in /played
    but so far have gotten my warrior alt to 33 in 2.5 days in /played.

its much easier the second time around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

First character is always slow to level - Second time around is definiately much quicker.

• Advertisement

Ok i'm lost. I am lvl21 now. Been running around killing lvl25 Young Black Ravegers and Black Ravegers. But i can't find whereto go for quests. I'm getting all these quests that are red, and i can't find where they are!!!

I can;t find ANY help on the Bladefist server. Everyone seems to be level60. and stand around ironfroge. and no-body seems to want to help you.

Like Drake. Ignoring me ingame because i didn't pay back he's 1g.. i sent it. but he sent it back again .

AHAHAHA such lies,
    I sent you 4g AND you never tried to send it to me.

Ivan wrote:
    Also, he's an asshole ;)
    ;D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Take it slow the first time. Leveling through quests is far and away the most enjoyable part of the game, beyond possibly being in a good group versus another good group in Arathi Basin.

Beyond that basically the cardinal rule is to pay back Drake his gold without trying to make him out to be an asshole for lending it to you in the first place. Even though he is filthy alliance scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

but seriously wat is 1-2g to a lvl 60 nothing :eek:

just let the low lvls from boards have it and stop being cheap ;)

if your gonna ask for that back dont bother givin it drake:v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Bah, people shouldn't be getting hand outs or getting power lvl'd.
    Play the game properly fs, you learn nothing the other way.

I'll give you the money back. i have nearly 4 gold. i actuallt forgot he sent 4 gold.
    I gave a new player 1g to help him buy some armor and stuff. I thought that was how it worked in these games. People from near you help you get started, and then you pay it forward.
    I'd recommend that Drake doesn't give anyone any money in future at low levels because it's very hard to make it back. I remember at the time him saying "Enjoy the gold mate".

But i do really appreciate that he gave it to me. I just thought he was an asshole for humiliating me on the boards instead of PM'g me.

I'll send you the 4 gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

4g is nothing to a level 60 like 10 minutes of farming.

Any case back on topic, by far and away the QUICKEST way to level is a mixture questing and grinding. The way to do it is to pick up all the quests for a given area, then on your way to those quests kill every single mob you run into on the way (quests should be yellow/orange btw as well as the mobs). When you get to the quest mobs, don't just kill them, again kill everything, do the same on your way back and rinse and repeat. This way you are completing the quests and picking up the nice bonus reward items and cash WHILE grinding exp and then when you turn the quests in you get another small boost to your exp.

Another thing that helps is knowing the ideal places to level with your charecter and finding mobs that are weak vs you.

I won't bother to type out a detailed leveling guide though as there are plenty of those already around for most classes, I'd suggest you check out the official WoW U.S. class forums for your class and that is where you will find the most helpful information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

AHAHAHA such lies,
    I sent you 4g AND you never tried to send it to me.

Can you recieve post from someone on your ignore list?

deleted

thanks m8. i was really stuck at the start, reason being that i couldn't get any of my friends to start at the same time as me, so i was on my own and lost! so i asked on here for some experienced players help in getting setup with some decent armor and weps etc.

Drake was really helpfull, i just think he could have PM'd me for the money back.

• Advertisement

Memnoch wrote:

Any case back on topic, by far and away the QUICKEST way to level is a mixture questing and grinding. The way to do it is to pick up all the quests for a given area, then on your way to those quests kill every single mob you run into on the way (quests should be yellow/orange btw as well as the mobs). When you get to the quest mobs, don't just kill them, again kill everything, do the same on your way back and rinse and repeat. This way you are completing the quests and picking up the nice bonus reward items and cash WHILE grinding exp and then when you turn the quests in you get another small boost to your exp.

Another thing that helps is knowing the ideal places to level with your charecter and finding mobs that are weak vs you.

I won't bother to type out a detailed leveling guide though as there are plenty of those already around for most classes, I'd suggest you check out the official WoW U.S. class forums for your class and that is where you will find the most helpful information.
    4g takes ages to farm as a holy priest

Memnoch wrote:

As long as your not a holy/disc specced priest that is.

edit: doh, drake beat me to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

As a holy priest I depend on my professions to make money, and playing the auction house. It's not very interesting though. Cheaper respecs ftw!

Disenchanting random blues ftw :(

Advertisement