Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silvercrest DVd Divx Player Problem

• 22-11-2005 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

The Silvercrest DVD Player I have is the new one in lidl they are selling for 70 Euro. It has the 7-2 card reader built in.
    I've downloaded an avi(TV show) from the web through bit-torrent and when I burn it to cd it doesn't play.

Any idea why?

I checked the video info of the avi and it says the video compression is Mpeg4 which the divx player supports and the audio is AC3.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

you mean your american cousin sent you the tv episode on VCR... ;p

when you put the disk in the dvd player what appears on screen?, i have an older model silvercrest and it shows a file browser where you select your avi.. do you get this far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Use GSpot to check exactly what type of codec the AVI is using. Maybe its not supported?

Does the Silvercrest support XVid files, or just DivX files?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Thanks for the replies.
    I love my cousin he sends them all the time! ;)

It's suppose to support both divx and xvid plus the new feature is mpeg4.
    I get as far as the browser and when I select the avi file it tries to play it then says "cannot play file". The model number is 6508

I tried burning a mpeg4 file with Toast 7 on my mac and it still doesn't work!
    It comes with Nero Digital (30 day trial) - I'll try converting a file with that but it doesn't convert the one I want as it isn't the full version.

Advertisement