Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom sorry tale

• 22-11-2005 8:18pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My Sister lives 3.5 Km from the exchange here in Swords . On 3 occasions Eircom Sales personel have called and signed her up for BroadBand . On ALL 3 occasions the orders have been cancelled , not by her but by a mystery person in Eircom .

I believe that the "sales" task force are signing up people who they know will fail in order to boost their revenue and then cancelling the orfders once their commission has been paid ..

Any ideas ????? Should she be able to get Broadband ?

Who should we inform of this ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

sharkman wrote:
    My Sister lives 3.5 Km from the exchange here in Swords . On 3 occasions Eircom Sales personel have called and signed her up for BroadBand . On ALL 3 occasions the orders have been cancelled , not by her but by a mystery person in Eircom .

I believe that the "sales" task force are signing up people who they know will fail in order to boost their revenue and then cancelling the orfders once their commission has been paid ..

Any ideas ????? Should she be able to get Broadband ?

Who should we inform of this ???

have you tried a simple line test from the Eircom site?

http://www.eircom.ie/cgi-bin/bvsm/bveircom/bladerunner/showContent.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0515463166.1132687273@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfaddgfhijgmecefeceiedffndffj.0&cid=BroadbandIntroRes&site=Res&chanId=-536883873

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Yep , line fails . The last sales guy to come out said that they had put a special upgrade on the line and it now passed . I checked it in my house (It Failed) and when I said it to him he said that it would show a fail untill it was connected .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

sharkman wrote:
    Yep , line fails . The last sales guy to come out said that they had put a special upgrade on the line and it now passed . I checked it in my house (It Failed) and when I said it to him he said that it would show a fail untill it was connected .

He said your line would show a fail until BB was running? What a load of crap. Complain to Eircon, Comreg, Consumers association etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I have just this minute got off the phone from Eircon , they are looking into it . I have the 3 contracts here and the "agent's" names also got the name of the girl in Eircon who cancelled all 3 contracts , apaerntly at the customers request , this was also supposedly confirmed by a telephone call .

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mr.snrub

Hey sharkman,
    I live in swords too and I had the same problem that your having. Basically my line kept on failing even though I was in range of the braodband service. Got nowhere with the sales reps so emailed a certain Phil Nolan (CEO) philnolan@eircom.ie and asked why broadband was unavailable to me. The email was forwarded to a Des Keating (dkeating@eircom.ie) and he sorted it out for me. I received the router last friday and today my package went live . i tink you should do as I did and you'll probably get it sorted! Good luck man...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

mr.snrub wrote:
    Hey sharkman,
    I live in swords too and I had the same problem that your having. Basically my line kept on failing even though I was in range of the braodband service. Got nowhere with the sales reps so emailed a certain Phil Nolan (CEO) philnolan@eircom.ie and asked why broadband was unavailable to me. The email was forwarded to a Des Keating (dkeating@eircom.ie) and he sorted it out for me. I received the router last friday and today my package went live . i tink you should do as I did and you'll probably get it sorted! Good luck man...
    I also recommend this and on top of that disconnect any wireless phones and/or sky boxes when they test your line if they phone you up. It's amazing you must go to the managment of the company to purchase their services!

Advertisement