Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What type of protection?Advice...

• 22-11-2005 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Looking for serious guidance here,I had a bad experience with some skins a while back and wanted to know what ones come recommended most highly? For the record the skins I used b4 I bought from a jax in a pub in town and they ripped before Id even started...maybe they were too small :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

by skins i'm guessing you mean condoms...

i'd say go to the chemist/shop and buy a few different types, just to see which you prefer. each to their own with this kinda thing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i prefer the green ones myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Probably not the best idea to get condoms from a pub toilet.
    Easiest thing to do is stick to the well known brands, like durex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Saddler wrote:
    Looking for serious guidance here,I had a bad experience with some skins a while back and wanted to know what ones come recommended most highly? For the record the skins I used b4 I bought from a jax in a pub in town and they ripped before Id even started...maybe they were too small :)

Too small ... ask for xtra small instead of XX small next time :p

Seriously you were probably putting them on wrong ... roll the condom down fully to the base of the penis, never try to pull it or stretch it if it is not down the whole way (used to do this all the time and the condom always broke till i realised my mistake). Also condoms have to go on the right way out, otherwise they get kinda stuck and won't roll down properly. Check before that you have it the right way wrong before you start putting it on (yes you probably need light, yes it kinda kills the mood for a sec, get used to it it's better than having a baby)

If you are worried about rips and stuff Durex Extra Strength is the way to go, when put on correctly I've never had a rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I prefer the green ones (Durex) too. So does she.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep.. Pub toilet condoms are the worst... They're usually Safex brand condoms...

You wouldn't buy a Sorny branded television would you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

You wouldn't buy a Sorny branded television would you?

You shouldn't buy a Sorny television ..... d'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Saddler wrote:
    they ripped before Id even started...

Hmmmm. WTF were you doing with them?? This should not happen. Whatever about them breaking during sex, but BEFORE sex???

Strange. Maybe you were just unlucky and got faulty ones.

If you don't want to go into a shop and buy them, try here -

http://www.smartpaddy.ie/
    http://www.condomsdirect.ie/ (seem cheap)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

You have to pinch the reservoir to expell the air as you are putting it on otherwise it will break...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Meh. If the loo was hot, there's a chance that the condoms may have gone all stiff (dried up), and broke when you tried to put one on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Realise that condoms alone only give you a certain amount of protection.
    Saddler wrote:
    they ripped before Id even started
    Is it possible you tore them with your finger nails?

Some pharmacies have size cards with their condom displays which you can use to measure yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭SexeeAussie

Victor wrote:
    Some pharmacies have size cards with their condom displays which you can use to measure yourself.
    That HAS to be a joke...right????

(Delete mental image Rachel.............................)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That HAS to be a joke...right????
    Disposable cardboard cards that you take home, then the next time you are in the pharmacy, you know what size to get :rolleyes:

The counter assistant explained they were getting odd responses from people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭SexeeAussie

Dear God..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

:D hes winding you up, i have never heard of such thing victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

galwaydude wrote:
    :D hes winding you up, i have never heard of such thing victor

No, they exist. The weird thing is the pharmacy want you to bring them back to the shop so they can reuse them.

:eek:

LOL... :D

First I heard of them!

Saddler wrote:
    Nothing like a condom breaking to ruin the mood
    most condoms have sizes on the packets so get bigger ones
    also read the leaflet to make sure you are putting them on right !
    use lube as well, if the condom gets dry from friction and it then breaks so much easier and also becomes really uncomfortable for her!!!:(
    i recommend durex performa they make guys last longer :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

Having tested many, my preference are:

Kinimo Maxx (almost impossible to get in Ireland) but you can order them online.

Trojan Magnum Large condoms (difficult, but not impossible to get.)

There is a pharmacy at the bridge end of o'connel street that sells them, last time I checked. I would imagine most adult shops also sell these.

Durex Extra Safe are also 54mm width as opposed to the standard 50mm.

LOL @ size cards.

Advertisement