Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom contract up, thinking of changing...Suggestions?

• 22-11-2005 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

Well, as the title says, the 12 month contract is up and I'm thinking of moving provider to avail of some of the good introductory offers. We have 1 PC attached to the Netopia modem and I use my laptop wirelessly through a router connected to the Modem. Just in case that complicates things?

Thanks for any thoughts.

By the way, I'm based in South Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Bumpety Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Been with EsatBT since 1st Jan with a 1MB connection. The first 3 months were free and still have not been billed since March :confused:

Can't complain about the actual quality of the connection (im in North Wicklow near South Dublin), it's been excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Hoodle

If you can get it, I'd go for NTL.

Works like a charm. If I was able to get it, I'd sign up in a flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Thanks for the suggestions lads.

Do either of you know whether I would need to get a new modem if I switched provider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I think all the providers will give you a new modem. I too would recommend NTL. If you can't get them try Smart or Magnet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

AFAIK if you switch to a new adsl provider you will not get the benefit of their introductory offers - you are only entitled to that once and presumably you got that when you signed up with Eircom.

Advertisement