Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clickbank? & possible dodgy site?

• 22-11-2005 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place, i hope so.

Firstly, I was wondering if anyone has ever paid for anything online using 'Clickbank'?

In work today, the people I work for registered with
    http://www.webinvestigator.org/?hop=light00 , they were looking for a new way to search for people (it's relevant to their line of business). They then tried to log in and the same search options weren't available. Then I was called in to try and figure out what was going on (they dont use the Internet/Computers much).

Anyway, to me it looked very dodgy, especially considering once theyd apparently logged in they couldn't search like they thought they would be able to. They paid this registration fee through Clickbank.

So, I'm just wondering if anyone knows what their options would be? Is it just me that thinks the whole thing is dodgy? And how reliable is this Clickbank?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

looks to me like webinvestigator is a scam as well so why be surprised about anything else. Was this registration done by a marketing bunny, if so shoot them and claim the money back off their estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fluffypinktiger

no it was just a site they found randomly on google. once id looked at it i thought it seemed dodgy but by that stage theyd already paid the registration fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

It does look a little dodgy allright.
    example: I search the free preliminary search for my own name and my own small town in ireland and this is outputted:
    We Have Found 8 Databases Containing Records:
    Records Found in Tax Refunds Database VIEW
    Records Found in Driving Records Database VIEW
    Records Found in Probate Records Database VIEW
    Records Found in Property and Wills Database VIEW
    Records Found in Court Warrants Database VIEW
    Records Found in Credit History Database VIEW
    Records Found in Unclaimed Money Database VIEW
    More Categories...

VIEW

FOR DETAILED VIEW AND ADVANCED SEARCH REGISTER BELOW:

Now, surprised that they have such information on me, I decide to enter a bullsh1t name. Unsuprisingly they have the exact same information on said fake name/town. My guess is that they dont have feck all information on people outside of the United States. That when you pay and register, no information exsists under the "click here to view info" button.

In any case, many free examples of this are available online. I don't have links or names handy, but I remember a year or three back there was a free search similar to this, and it outputted valid information about me when I searched my name.

Thought me to be more careful in the forms, etc I filul out.

Advertisement