Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6800GT Oc. Temp

Options
  • 22-11-2005 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

i was amazed by how far i just overclocked my 6800GT . core @ 430 MHZ and mem @ 1.1Ghz , i got lots of performence boost in 3d mark 05, overall 6018 marks, this is pretty amazing to me, but the tempture is getting hot too lol, CPU was stabel between 50 -55, but GFX card went right up to 65 'C :eek: am worried if this simpel test brings it to this hot, what happens if i am playing quake 4? or FEAR? could it go over that temp and possibely burn my card? or will i see artifacts on screen if it gose too hot b4 it burns? like a warning :o need some advise on this :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

i too have a 6800gt great card...

they cook at about 120 degrees... you.ve nothing to worry about unless you get artifacts.... anyway it'll turn itself off before it cooks automatically!

no worries:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭sharpjaws

ah thats cool thanks :D i wont be worrieing now : but i have one qustion about ocking CPU and GFX card, i overcloked the card to 445 with reva tunner, and it was running with no artifacts or any thing , so i tried to oclock it more to 450, but i got a message about the driver faild :confused: dose that mean its the highest i can go with the card or is there tweaks that i can go more? and a qustion about CPU ocking . i have a AMD 64 3000 @ 2.0Ghz stock, PC4400 1 GB memories and a abit kv8pro 3rd eye motherboard, i can overclock my cpu to 2.3Ghz by changing the memory to ddr333 and FSBx to 3 , but i get no boost what so ever? :confused::confused: not even 1 frame?the maxmum i can go on it is 2.3, no more, even 2.31 will crash .am i doing somthing wrong?

that's the overclocking limit of your (our) card.. mine's at 450mhz and 1.12ghz!

oh and 3dmark will bring a gfx to it's knees!!

as for the cpu.. i'm really not sure if you'll see any difference visibly.. i'll pass the buck and say ask a mod! do you run cpu benchmarks to test your changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

With my Geforce i get 446 core and 1150 ram. The temp only gets to about 50c thats cause my room is always so cold.

3Dmark 2005 i get 4853points.

BadCharlie wrote:
    With my Geforce i get 446 core and 1150 ram. The temp only gets to about 50c thats cause my room is always so cold.

3Dmark 2005 i get 4853points.

heh i get 5380 in 3dmark05!!!!!

• Advertisement

Doc_Savage wrote:
    heh i get 5380 in 3dmark05!!!!!
    lol @ ur score lol. i got 6110 last time :D

but is yours in a ****ty dell with shag all ram?:rolleyes:

dell? no :confused:
    amd 64 3000 2.0Ghz
    1 GB pc4400 ram
    6800GT ..it's not dell, cuztomised it my self lol

not even remotely comparable then but your score's still very impressive!!:D

Well my computer is only an AMD2500 old tec and its still doing me fine. Im sure if i went for an Amd 64 i would c my score rise by 1k at least.

Doc_Savage whats your spec computer ?

• Advertisement

Dell Dimension 4600
    3.06ghz P4 (533Mhz fsb) HT
    512mb ram pc2700
    GeForce 6800gt
    200gig ide
    Nec dvd burner
    keyboard, optical mouse
    17" crt
    2.1 Harmon Kardon Speakers (60watt sub 10W monitors)
    3.5inch floppy
    56k modem

it's for sale if you want it!!;)

HaHa no thanks.
    My computer is more then what i want or need at the moment.

Advertisement