Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

electric driveway bollards

• 22-11-2005 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

guys can you guys help me.

my dad wants 2 electric bollards for the driveway as we are going on a months holiday and we donot want the cars robbed as my dads car got robbed before.
    can someone tell me where in ireland can i get 2 cheap electric ones of the below picture.

thanks in advance

xtoplockpost.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Surely leaving two such poles outside your house while on holidays would indicate that you are blatantly on holidays? And could mean that your house could be hit instead? Which would you prefer?

Could a neughbour not take care of the car? A relative in the country even? His place of work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah im parking my 05 golf in my dads warehouse but it doesnot have enough space for all the cars,

its not just because of holidays even for normal security.as its coming up to christmas and theres loads of robberies nowadays,its better safe than sorry.:o

if anyone knows any details of gate fitters please pm me details

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

yeah i would like to know as well just for a bit of extra security come on people somebody must know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

This crowd based in the UK, they deliver from online at http://www.avonlion.co.uk/

Or on ebay here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SECURITY-POST-NEW-TRAILER-DRIVE-CAR-PARKING-BOLLARD_W0QQitemZ6015620469QQcategoryZ20589QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If someone wants to rob your car they'll do it regardless, the worst case sceanario here is someone rammping the secruity post in your own car!

Ring up the traffic devision of any of the local county councils and ask them where they get their parking posts from if you want something local based.

A cheaper more available option would be to put wheel clamps on the car.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

TCP - did you call the engineering works in lucan last week regarding your security pole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Take a wheel off the car and leave it in a neighbours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭alias no.9

God be with the day when you took off the distributer cap or removed the spark plugs when you wanted extra security. You could remove the battery too but that would disable the alarm and may mess up some of the electronics too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not sure if any of them are "cheap".

You can get the basic metal ones with a lock for about €100, self-install.

It is usually gate companies that do the electric ones. Try Electro Automation and FAAC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Can't help you with the bollards although i'd like one myself.

For the moment I just take the spark plugs out before I go to bed :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement