Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connect laptop to tv via VGA

• 23-11-2005 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect a Dell Inspiron 2650 to a normal TV? I'm fairly sure that the only port available for this purpose on this model, is the VGA port. I was thinking that it might be possible to get a cable that connects from a VGA to a RCA/SCART socket on the TV. Anyone ever found such a cable, or indeed have any other ideas how I might do this?

Thanks!

BTW Appologies if this has been posted before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I've heard of VGA to RCA breakout cables before, but have no idea how well they'd work..or if:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

not directly - TV's have different refresh rate and interlaced display

there are diy options with very little electronics but you need low level drivers to get the benefit.

You can get VGA to TV convertors but they aren't great.

There may be a USB dongle thingy that does the same thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

So the only direct way to perform this connection is using a TV-out card on the laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭duleekboy

does it have s video?

No, just VGA I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭duleekboy

http://ryoandr.free.fr/english.html

there you are have fun:)

Nifty stuff there duleekboy

I'm actually tempted to try that out just for the hell of it (even though it would be easier to buy the right hardware) :)

Advertisement