Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European/Non English Music.....

Options
  • 23-11-2005 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to find a bit more European/Non English music, be it rap or rock. So what are some groups/bands you listen to who are most definitely not American/English etc?

I'll start by suggesting Manu Chao, who is probably borderline by my definition but still worth listening to, as some of is stuff is just class.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

every band I listen to is European

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

If it's rock you're looking for, have a go at Rammstein. You could do a lot worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

jerryadams wrote:
    If it's rock you're looking for, have a go at Rammstein. You could do a lot worse...

BENZINNNNNNNNNNNN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Dr J wrote:
    BENZINNNNNNNNNNNN

DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN

Try Sigur Ros.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

"rock" eh?

i absolutely adore a band from the land of danish called "raunchy" (http://www.raunchy.dk).. i think there's some mp3's on their site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Was listening to Sigur Ros actually,they are bloody good. Remind me of "God is an Astronaut".

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

try SKA-P, manu negra, mojinoes escozios, molotov

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I second Rammstein & SKA-P.

If you're looking for a Germanic flavour, I'd also suggest Beatsticks or Die Artze and Lacuna Coil (from Italy) aren't bad either. Or if you want some typical Scandanvian metal fare, try Dimmu Borgir.

If you want to go way out there, you can listen to some Eastern European rock such as Polska Noc(sp?), Hladno Pivo or Agathodaimon (quite heavy mind).

Of course, there's always Bjork...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

MC Solaar (French)

can't understand a word of it, but the chap has a nice flow:)

I'm fairly fond of Akeboshi (Japanese) as well, "Wind" in particular.

Advertisement