Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange goings on!

Options
  • 23-11-2005 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

hi lads
    i'm new to the bike seen and im excited about thos new part of my life!
    iv just bought an ml ovetto tonight!
    i went for a spin after buying it tonight when i realised there was a nioise like a motor whenever i pulled the brakes.
    i pulled over and looked further into this problem.
    i realised that this 'motor noise' was still ocurring even when the engine was turned off, for apporx 10 secs
    finally it stopped
    i rang a friend who is in the know about bikes and he said that the electric start button was stuck, which it was
    however after unsticking the electric start switch the electric start nolonger works and i must kickstart the bike each time
    two other thgings iv noticed since i realised it was that the indicators were very weak and the horn sounded very weak also
    i wento up to firneds who went at the switch , however they made the situation worse by accidentally popping the electric start switch out of the dashboard.
    however the bike is running fine on kickstart and ticking over nicely
    thank you for reading my post!
    i just would like some piece of mind!
    like i said the bike is in my ownership since 19:45 this evening!
    thanks lads,
    Ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Dunno how you could fix the button now.. bring it to the garage
    But the reason your indicators/horn are weak is probably because when the start button was kept pressed in and the engine wasnt running, it would have drained the battery a fair bit.
    Might need a new battery when you get the electric start fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yeah, the electric starter really zaps your battery. Having it depressed while you were riding, and for 10 minutes afterwards would really have nuked the battery.

Try taking it for a long spin, and that might help restore some of the charge. Otherwise you can buy a trickle charger from most bike shops for around 15 quid. Leave it plugged in overnight, and it might sort out your problem.

Any bike shop should be able to charge it up for you in a couple of hours as well.

Advertisement