Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Its only after hitting me now

• 23-11-2005 3:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I know theres a lot of breakup threads but...

During the summer i met this girl on a night out, i got her number and asked her out on a date, she was very sweet and friendly and within a few days we became boyfriend and girlfriend, our relationship was going great we both understood each other very well and before long we became physically and emotionally intimate. One day after 2 months she phoned me sounding very upset, she told me she had to stop seeing me due to an unforseen family emergency (that i do not want to disclose the details of on these boards). Naturally i was in shock but i understood the situation, i offered her some support, and she thanked me for all the good times, so we parted on good terms. For the next fourtnight or so, i was able to get on with my life as if the breakup never happened. Then one day i was at home on my own and i was thinking for a while, then all of a sudden it hit me that shes gone and that i really miss her and i got really upset and im still dwelling over it almost a month afterwards. I dont wanna sound selfish but Had i had known that the relationship ended because we weren`t right for each other i would have gotten over it by now but i know thats not the case. The fact that our relationship ended because of circumstances beyound our will is whats really hurting me. I dont know how many of you have had to deal with a situation like this before, but any advice would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yeah, "nobody's fault" can be nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

Try sending her some flowers anonymously. Or maybe a text saying something like "I was thinking of you and hope everything is OK".

If you get no response then all you can do is wait for your grief to fade into the midst of time ...

sorry I can't offer better advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭SexeeAussie

Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. I know you don't want to disclose what the family drama is...BUT I can't think of anything that would physically prevent someone from seeing someone else....I mean even if she had to move to another country, you could still continue to communicate with her. To cut you off all of a sudden, to me, is a real worry.

And as for having it end for things that didn't concern you....yeh man that hurts. But as I look at it, things happen for a reason....you are in pain now, but things will get better (you are thinking yeh right!! SURE)

I agree with the above poster, send her an email, letter or sms and tell her how you feel. It can't hurt. If it doesn't achieve anything, then get out and meet other people!!! You may be surprised at what may come along!

GOODLUCK

Advertisement