Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google adsense question

Options
  • 23-11-2005 5:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

hello all :)

on a site i run i have google ads and have had them for over a year.. happy enough
    but what i would like to know is.. can i juat copy the script and put ads on any of my other sites using that same account or do i need to register a new account for each site.. the reason i askis that i think i remember google needing to review the site when i signed up...

also can anyone suggest any more good ad affiliates? i lost my job a while ago and need to keep my sites alive without digging in my own pocket... :(

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I've researched this before.

Google prefer you to use the one account.

Sorry to hear about losing the job! I assume this is why you're still awake at 4 AM? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

dublindude wrote:
    I've researched this before.

Google prefer you to use the one account.

Sorry to hear about losing the job! I assume this is why you're still awake at 4 AM? :)

Thanks matey :D
    so im ok just using the one account for all my sites then?
    yea 4 am.. 6am.. its like this all the time now.. was working nights for the last 4 years LOL ahh i have an interview for an IT job on friday so fingers crossed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

so im ok just using the one account for all my sites then?

Yup, I've never had a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You can put as many sites as you like in the one account. It will probably help tracking the ads if you use some of the builtin features so that you can see which sites are doing betters than others.

There are plenty of other affiliate schemes out there. What kind of site are you running?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

well one is a music site for bands..
    one is and automovive information site
    and one is a drumming site for Irish drummers
    i run a few little smaller ones too, but they are the main ones...

Thanks for the info lads :D much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Depending on the volumes of traffic you might consider the likes of cdwow, amazon etc., or selling banner space to companies..

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I think cdwow advertise via google also.
    Google has channels where you can create different adverts for either different parts of your site or for different sites altoghther

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

when applying for google adsense they must first approve your site. what happens if you use the same account on a site who's content google would not approve of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

google aren't overly strict/anal about sites qualifying for the ads. Essentially if your site isn't spammy or malicious in any way you qualify. Beyond that the requirements are minimal (site map is the only one that springs to mind). In fact I think they're removed a lot of them in the last year or so, as I seem to remember you were supposed to have a privacy policy, 15 pages of content and things like that, and there doesn't seem to be anything about that now.

Advertisement