Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

3-D high-definition.

• 23-11-2005 6:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭

Looks like Digital three-dimensional technology is the future for films.

So what's the deferent’s about the new Digital 3-D compared to the old 3-D, Well the evolution of digital technology HD work in cinemas and on TV screens far better then the old version, and the viewer doesn’t need the ware the old Red and Green glasses, However HD 3-D glasses are used but appear clear, giving the viewer a sharper picture.

Having said that, Directors such as Lucas and James Cameron, are slowly making the costly switch from film to digital HD 3-D now, as more and more venues open up to screening 3-D, a format that traditional film has a difficult time with. Similarly, on television, the advent of high-definition technology has changed what's possible for television producers to show, for example this year we will see the new Xbox 360 and PS3, using high-definition technology, giving the viewer more believability. “Excellent for gamers”

But even more excellent for film, as Lucas and Cameron will release there next films in high-definition technology 3-D, Lucas, has announced that in 2007, he will be re-releasing the original Star Wars in 3-D, but Jim Cameron is going all out with his new projects Battle Angle and Project 880 which will use high-definition 3-D technology, Cameron said that Battle Angle will be Big and will cost over a billion dollars. (Due to start pre-production in 2007).

george-lucas-james-cameron-robert-rodriguez-robert-zemeckis-1.jpgproduct_stereovis_inition_3D-Vidbox_05.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nubbintom

The tech looks fantastic, even peter jackson is getting the LOTRs turned into 3D, i would love to see it for myself, but i dont think it will catch on, i cant see the general public wanting to spend the time in the cinema with glasses on, i think it will become more like an I-Max experience, but who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's Battle Angel that Cameron is working on by the way. It's an adaption of a japanese comic and cartoon.

I'm still not to sure about this... It's going to be hard to make people see 3D as anything other than a gimick.

And Lucas is going to screw up the original Star Wars films yet again? Sheesh... those films should take out a restraining order on that guy... they've been abused for long enough. I'm sure they could find a refuge centre somewhere... ET is probably in one already.

Advertisement